PDA

View Full Version : Black Frank has A bit of a soggy bum

flogging_molly
11-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Yes, Black Francis has a soggy bum and i'm a little panicky to be honest. I hate dealing with wet tail in any form i have lost so many hamsters to that condition however i don't believe that Frank has it, his coat is still plump and fluffy, he's walkign fine, is very active and in great health.

I did however discover that his bottle was a little leaky so i have sorted that out dried the cage and cleaned it out so he has a nice fresh bed, cleaned his soggy bum too :) will keep you guys posted but i'm gonna check him again tomorrow morning so that if nothing has changed and his bum is still soggy it's off to the vets we go.

Nienna Valar
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
I hope he gets better! :)

babyboos
11-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Sounds like you have everything covered Debs, hopefully he was just being too lazy to go pee in his potty. Cranberry juice is good for urinary tract infection and a little slice of apple will help soothe his tummy and give him moisture. If he is peeing excessively he may get dehydrated. Keep us aware of how he is, good luck and maybe isolate him from the others for tonight.

flogging_molly
11-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys, I really think he has been lazy and sitting against the leaky water bottle and that's what has got him so soggy but I will be keeping a close eye on him :)

flogging_molly
11-15-2005, 05:05 PM
just a quick update: checked Black Francis again a good 2 hours after originally discovering his wet bum and drying it - good news is it seems perfectly dry and fluffy now :D fingers crossed it was just that leaky water bottle

Nienna Valar
11-15-2005, 05:09 PM
That sounds wonderful! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :D

babyboos
11-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Oh I do hope so they are pretty silly at times :?

flogging_molly
11-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Black Francis still has a nice fluffy dry bum, I'm assuming that he had been sitting in the water bottle leakage - silly hamster.

babyboos
11-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh great news glad he is alright :P