PDA

View Full Version : I've had to seperate one of my Robos

Muddles
11-11-2005, 12:36 PM
This evening I was pottering around in the front room where we keep the hamsters and I heard 2 of my robos squeeking. I told them to pack it in and they did seem to so left them to it.

Well a while later I went to check they were ok and I only saw 3 and panicked. I moved their tunnels and suddenly one ran out from underneath. It looked like it had been bitten on the bottom as the tail looked a bit odd and the fur was matted. It looks like blood but I can't hold her still enough to check properly. After some chasing I caught her (had a look and I think? (not 100% sure) its one of the girls). I have a small tank that I have put her in for now but will get a bigger one tomorrow. I am not 100% certain if she has been bitten but I'm not taking any chances.

I've taken the smallest wheel out of the tank and a food dish and put them in her little (poor lamb for tonight) tank.

I'm so upset about this. Last night me and Chris played with all 4 of them and they were fine. Nothing that looked like bite marks or anything and they have been getting on brilliantly for ages now since the dominance play fighting.

Whichever way, she was hiding in the big tank and now she is as happy as larry in the little one and hasn't come off the wheel yet so maybe I did the right thing????

We are away tomorrow night and now I am stressing that I'm going to come back to something horrible.

Does it sound like a bite mark?? I am scared of putting her back in with the others now though.

Lisa x

babyboos
11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Oh it does sound very much like some bullying has occured. Best to leave her own until you can check her out properly and make sure if she has broken skin that it is healing ok.

Muddles
11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
She's asleep in her house at the moment but after looking at your sexing pictures, and reading one of the other threads, I am wondering if it's one of the boys :?:

I will have another look later.

babyboos
11-11-2005, 04:09 PM
They can be quite similiar at a young age and if he is upset he may be holding his bits in making it more difficult to see... :oops:

Muddles
11-14-2005, 03:40 AM
On Saturday morning I went to the pet shop first thing and got a ferplast Duna tank for little robo. Put her in it when I got home before we left for Doncaster and she explored it straight away.

She (haven't had chance to check if thats right yet) seems really happy in there and the other 3 are fine (thank god) and don't appear to be missing her.

Lisa x

babyboos
11-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Oh they are great enclosures, glad she seems happy :P