PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Mabel

Jesska
06-19-2016, 09:18 PM
Today is a sad, sad day. I went and opened the cage tonight to give her her supper and noticed she wasn't up yet. I thought, no big deal, she's probably still sleeping. She had not been as active as she used to for about a month now. But no matter how much I crinkled the bag, she wouldn't come like she always does. I moved her wheel and her hidey hut and some toys around, nothing. I finally decided to use a few fingers to scoop away the top of her burrow and I found her. It looked like she had gone in her sleep some time either during the night or when i was at work this morning.

It took me a few to process what had happened, I didn't believe it at first. I then began to feel incredibly guilty... Did i do something wrong? Forget something? Was there some way I could have prevented this? She seemed healthy right up until the end, and there were no signs of illness or trauma. I moved her cage out of my room and I plan on burying her in the morning.

She would have been 2 years old in August.

cypher
06-19-2016, 10:36 PM
So sorry for your loss Jesska, Mabel looks was such a little beauty in that lovely photo & she lived to a good age, don't torment yourself thinking of things you may have done differently, sometimes this is just how it happens, try to take comfort knowing she went quickly & peacefully in her sleep.

Run free & play well at the bridge Mabel.

Thin Lizzy
06-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Oh Jesska, I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful girl.
You didn't do anything wrong, you gave her a long and loving life.
Sounds like she went in her sleep.

SKB_Hamsters
06-20-2016, 06:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Mabel.
You didn't do anything wrong, sometimes there is no explanation, she went peacefully in her sleep. You provided her with a loving home and she was lucky to have you to look after her.
Play well Mabel at the bridge.

I hope you are ok?

Pebbles82
06-20-2016, 01:31 PM
So sorry to hear little Mabel has gone to the rainbow bridge. I think that is something we all dread when checking the nest sometimes xxx I also think it was good she passed in her sleep but so sad for you. Play well little one.

Jesska
06-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. I'm doing alright today, but my room is just so empty without her cage or the pattering of her little feet on the wheel at night. :(

Pebbles82
06-21-2016, 12:46 AM
That must be really hard - maybe you need to do a few different things for a few days to distract yourself. Xxx

souffle
07-13-2016, 03:48 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge Mabel xx

Josie
07-14-2016, 04:53 PM
So sorry for your loss Jesska, she was such a pretty little girl and she lived to a good age, play well at the bridge Mabel you are in our thoughts hugs to you xxx