PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Leaves

cornishrobos
06-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Bailey one of our Syrians seems to have diarrhoea. We're hoping it's not another case of wet tail as we've been really careful with handling him,well all of them since Gingey came home from the vets, we've always handled Gingey last. However Bailey has suffered with an upset tummy before, well before Gingey arrived, so we're wondering if it's something he's eating. He has a dirty bum last night and when I checked him earlier he was clean and and dry again.

Anyway after talking to my Mum, she reminded me that my Dad used to give the rabbits Strawberry Leaves if they were suffering from Scours (diaorrhoea) and now i'm wondering if it would help with Bailey? Mum has strawberries growing in her garden, so we can easily get hold of some and i'm pretty sure you can buy them dried, so will google them in a bit. Was just wondering if anyone else had used them for this reason before?

souffle
06-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Never heard of using these and I wouldn't risk it CR. I have heard though that arrowroot biscuits or powder mixed in porridge can be helpful and have actually used these a while ago with some success. I would see a vet if it comes back in case the bug has been passed on as early treatment will see him better sooner.

Toria
06-17-2009, 09:37 AM
I actually read last night that strawberry leaves are good for upset tummys when i was looking to see if i could feed my hammy something else.
I would check it out more thoroughly though?