PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Rip baby girl xxxxxxxxxxxxx

candice clews
05-04-2016, 03:41 AM
Cookie!

I didn't expect to wake up and find cookie very unwell this morning 😢 As some of you may know last month cookie suffered an impacted pouch, despite going to the vets and having antibiotics, baby food and egg for 10 days, she still wasn't 100%. She went from 90g to 120g a couple of weeks ago, last week her weight had dropped again 😨 baby food egg, and some of her own food built this back up, but yesterday i knew something wasn't right. She didn't want to come out of her cage to go in her ball and she was sleeping. She was breathing, moving and did end up having food and a drink. I gave her so many cuddles and went to bed. This morning about half past 7, I went to check on her and found her in a deep sleep, she was still breathing and moving but had her eyes closed. One of her pouches was a little swollen again. Since half past 7, i haven't stopped crying, i knew that she would soon be gone. I stopped in my bedroom all morning keeping an eye on her because i wanted to be with her when her breathing slowed down. At 10:36 she wiggled around, took a deep breath as i picked her up, she put her paw on my finger......
..... and at 10:37 she was gone 😢😢😢 im devastated :( Cookie was 1 year and almost 2 months old 😡 she had a very short life, but was the cutest and most adorable hamster, she was extremely tame, and having let us pick her up on the first day of buying her we knew she was going to be a beautiful hamster. I wish I could have spent longer with you Cookie, you were such a big part of my life and nothing can replace you. Im going to bury you later, next to harry and fudge in the garden with your favourite toy and bed. For now you lay resting in your bed x. I miss you so much already xxxxxx

Good night little girl, you will be forever missed, play well at the rainbow bridge with all the other hammies baby xxx Rip xxx

14/03/15 - 04/05/16

Goodnight xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 😘😘😘❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Ps - wont share photos incase it upsets anyone xxx

Golden_Syrian_Hammmies
05-04-2016, 05:28 AM
Aww Candice im sorry for your loss :( its so hard when things like this happen and our hammies suffer and the mark they leave on our heart its hard to stem the ache. The little paw on your hand is very sweet and a mark of how much she appreciated all your love and care throughout her life with you. It is hard for us to say goodbye but better for her that she is no longer suffering. Its a day we all dread very much.

Lala Noma
05-04-2016, 05:45 AM
So sorry :(

Cinnamon Bear
05-04-2016, 06:52 AM
So sorry for your loss! Must be really difficult:( Even though her life was short, she had a good life with you! Hope you're okay?

flowerfairy
05-04-2016, 07:22 AM
What a touching tribute to Cookie. You clearly had lovely bond. Rest in peace Cookie.

cypher
05-04-2016, 07:58 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, it is so very sad when they have to leave us way too soon, I can imagine how hard this must be for you, her life though short was so full of love.
She will live forever in your heart.

Run free & play well at the bridge Cookie.

WinnieTheHam
05-04-2016, 08:42 AM
I'm so sorry :( It must have been difficult for you. Sending lots of hugs x

Play well at the bridge Cookie x

Rsclio197
05-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear this... it's absolutely gut wrenching when they go especially so soon. Please take comfort in the fact you were there for her when she passed. She knows how much you loved her.

I hope your OK. .

RIP Cookie.

Rsclio197
05-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear this... it's absolutely gut wrenching when they go especially so soon. Please take comfort in the fact you were there for her when she passed. She knows how much you loved her.

I hope your OK. .

RIP Cookie.

Piebald
05-04-2016, 11:25 AM
So sorry for your loss. Cookie sounds lovely and her life was happy and loving. In the end she went peacefully to the bridge with your comfort. We should all be so lucky. RIP Cookie. Hugs. :(

candice clews
05-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Thank you all so much! Xx i cuddled her for about an hour after she had gone, she lay in the penthouse until my dad came home at 4, and then we buried her next to harry and fudge. Xx the comments from all of you are so beautiful <3 <3 <3 i fell in love tonight with a baby hamster from pets at home and we have decided to bring him home!!! <3 he is an adorable brown and white syrian boy 8 weeks old :) xx new thread to follow!!

Piebald
05-04-2016, 11:52 AM
That made me smile :) so nice to have so much love to shower around.

candice clews
05-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Thank you, new thread uploaded :) he is such a cutie and has definitely cheered me up :)

pinkneon
05-04-2016, 01:36 PM
I am so sorry. I love the pic you posted. It's like she knew you were there but was also reassuring you that you would be ok too :) I hope you are ok x

candice clews
05-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Thank you :) broke my heart losing her, but when she did that, it was such a special moment and a picture worth taking xxx

Josie
05-04-2016, 03:57 PM
So sorry to hear this, play well at the bridge Cookie, hope you are ok hugs to you xxx

Not lost but gone before

freyashamsters
05-04-2016, 11:06 PM
Candice this must be such a hard time for you, it's devastating when they have such a short life but at least you know she was well cared for, no matter how long you had her for. I'm really really sorry for your loss, I know you'll get through it xxxxxxx
Play well over the bridge Cookie <3

BluerayDarkes
05-05-2016, 01:04 AM
Play well at the bridge Cookie, I'm sorry she went too soon.

candice clews
05-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Thank you guys, missing her a lot especially not seeing her asleep in the penthouse :( sad that she's gone but at least she lasted for an extra month after having treatment from the vets, we shared lots of special memories together until the very end. Cant believe she put her paw on my finger, my heart melted when she did xx

Thin Lizzy
05-05-2016, 09:18 AM
So sorry for your loss Candice. Thinking of you and sending you hugs xxx
Such beautiful words for a beautiful girl!

candice clews
05-05-2016, 12:03 PM
So sorry for your loss Candice. Thinking of you and sending you hugs xxx
Such beautiful words for a beautiful girl!

Thank you so much xxx :) aww xx

souffle
05-10-2016, 03:40 AM
I am so very sorry. I am sure she reached out there and thanked you for letting her go peacefully to the bridge.
Fly free Cookie sweet girl x