PDA

View Full Version : Mause & Hamsterkafig elmo xxl

flowerfairy
04-30-2016, 05:45 AM
This is a lovely cage for a dwarf hamster from the german amazon site.

100 x 54 x 35cm. It has a beige base and black 7mm bars. There is a wooden platform which clips neatly onto the bars. The ramp for the platform is nice and long so the slope isnt too steep.

A little house with a red roof comes with the cage. Very sweet and a great size for my roborovski, Flower who has moved in to the cage.

A red plastic wheel that attaches to the bars is included but i havent used that as Flower already has the wooden karlie wheel from zooplus.

The base is lovely and deep (16cm) just waiting for more fitch to arrive before filling it up.

It has a good sized top door set in the middle of the cage so hammocks and other hanging toys could be hung on the end two sections.

There are two little front doors which are fine for scattering food and changing water bowls and indeed for interaction with your hamster if he or she allows such luxuries (Flower doesnt)!

I love this cage and i am so pleased that i bought it. Flower seems really happy in it.

It cost 55.43 including postage from Germany. It came well packaged and arrived within a few days.

Pebbles82
04-30-2016, 08:33 AM
Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing it set up. I thought it looked nice and it's a great size without the height risks.

Cinnamon Bear
04-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Flower will enjoy I'm sure, look forward to pics too! German cages I hear are awesome, tried to calculate price over here in the US but doesn't sound too bad in price for a really nice cage? Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm just guesstimating:)

UK cages are awesome too!!!!:) :) :)

I still think bin cages rule!!! :)

flowerfairy
04-30-2016, 09:53 AM
I really like having bars. I feel like imhave more contact with them somehow plus they like to sniff the air which is harder in a bin cage. Bins are great value and a good for hamster watching too.

cypher
04-30-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing your set up too flowerfairy, I'm sure Flower is going to love it :)
It is a nice cage & one I considered when I was looking at German cages I just hate teeny front doors though, if it had one big door at the front it would be about as close to perfect as you can get!

flowerfairy
11-18-2016, 11:16 AM
Well. Flower went back to her grosvenor hamster cage. She hid away much more in this lovely cage.

It is now sitting in a cupboard ... shame as it really is a great cage apart from those annoying little doors (didnt mind them at first, now I waaaay prefer bigger doors on cages, which is why I love the alaska and the borneo).

Pebbles82
11-18-2016, 01:46 PM
Aw that's a shame - you mentioned that before. It might work well for a new hamster who hasn't had an upgrade, but as you say the small side doors can be annoying.

cypher
11-18-2016, 11:10 PM
That is a shame but I'm sure someone will enjoy the cage one day, it can be very hard sometimes to pick the right cage as we never know for sure just what a ham will be comfortable with.

Pebbles82
11-19-2016, 11:11 PM
Are the doors the same size as the Barney cage front doors or smaller?

flowerfairy
11-20-2016, 03:42 AM
The same. It is pretty barney like apart from the height.

chesca_27
11-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Have you thought about filling the empty cage with a new fluff? ;) Seems like the logical option to me...

flowerfairy
11-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Chesca I love my hamsters very much. But ... find that six set ups are more than enough to cope with. I certainly dont want to increase my numbers!!!

Hoping to find a local rescue who may be able to use it.