PDA

View Full Version : Twinkle's Gone to the bridge

Thin Lizzy
04-21-2016, 08:26 PM
Yesterday Twinkle My Little Diva was put to sleep. On Wednesday evening she wouldn't eat or drink and was very limp. I wrapped her in my dressing gown and we stayed like that for a few hours, I tried getting her to have some apple but she wouldn't and on Thursday I phoned the vet as she had gotten worse. Putting her to sleep was so hard but I couldn't bear to see her suffer, afterwards the vet left me alone so I could hold her and kiss her goodbye.
I'm absolutely devastated, I loved her so much.
We had such a wonderful bond and she'll be forever loved and remembered.

Sweet Dreams Twinkle - T-Lo My Wonderful and Beautiful Little Diva
Lots of love Mom
xxxx

IMG-20160416-00433jpg

ACarle
04-21-2016, 08:31 PM
I'm so sorry :( She seemed like a very sweet and loving ham!

cypher
04-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Lizzy this is such a shock, I'm so very, very sorry, your beautiful little diva was such a huge part of your life & had such a wonderful bond with you I know how hard this must be.
What a special girl she was & always will be as she lives forever in your heart but I can imagine how much you miss having her there with you now & how hard it must have been to make that final choice, but to the end you did the very best for her & gave her a wonderful life.
Your Prince Charming will be taking care of her now.

Thinking of you *huge hugs*

Run free & play well at the bridge Twinkle.

Lala Noma
04-21-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm sorry, Lizzie! I'm glad you was with her till the end...

freyashamsters
04-21-2016, 10:49 PM
I am so, so sorry to hear about this. Twinkle was clearly a huge part of your life and losing her must be a very difficult time for you. At least she's running free over the rainbow bridge now, free of any pain or discomfort. RIP Twinkle :(

velma
04-21-2016, 11:43 PM
Oh no, T-Liz! Not T-Lo :( our favourite diva. "Don't be fooled by the seeds that I got, I'm still Twinkle from the block". I was always amazed (and a little jealous if I'm honest) of the bond you had with Twinkle. I so enjoyed reading about it. How sad for you :( I'm glad the vet was able to ensure she passed peacefully and her illness was brief. I hope you have a quiet few days ahead of you so you can take a little time to yourself. Be thinking of you x

Play well at the bridge little diva - I'm sure you'll have it redecorated with bling in no time x

Piebald
04-21-2016, 11:59 PM
So sorry for your loss Lizzy. Words fail me. Nothing I can think of to say is adequate so I will just stick with how sorry I am. I hope you get through the loss well. Xx hugs. Play well special diva. :(

Coco61
04-22-2016, 12:05 AM
Oh no Lizzie. I rarely come on HC at breakfast and could not believe this thread.
I am so shocked and you must be heartbroken. That Twinkle, your little diva, the character so full of life has gone is hard to take in. You were incredibly brave to do the right thing for her so that she did not suffer. Her thread was full of so much fun but will provide you with precious memories. Hug for you.
RIP Twinkle, Mum's diva and a special lady on HC. play well with Archie x

Fluffagrams
04-22-2016, 01:30 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this about your little diva.

Run free Twinkle. x

SKB_Hamsters
04-22-2016, 01:53 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Twinkle and it clear that you had a great bond with each other. I find its best to remember all the good times you had with one another.

RIP Twinkle - play well and run free at the bridge.

I hope you are ok Thin Lizzy

Bec
04-22-2016, 04:32 AM
Oh no, this is a shock, she was your little Diva and such a big character on HC....I really can't believe it. I am so terribly sorry, you certainly had a very special bond and putting her to rest was the kindest gift you could give....no one wants any pain or suffering for our little ones.

Hope you are okay. Sending you hugs.

Run free little Twinkle....xx

Pebbles82
04-22-2016, 05:13 AM
I'm so sorry TL - massive hugs. Such a shock. She is playing over the rainbow bridge now and free from pain and suffering. I am sure she will always be with you. Do take care x

Cinnamon Bear
04-22-2016, 06:28 AM
That must be so shocking to come on so suddenly! You must be heart broken :( You did the kindest thing for Twinkle. I agree to take good care of yourself. Do something extra special.

pinkneon
04-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Oh no. I am so sorry! You truely had a special bond with her. I hope you are ok x

flowerfairy
04-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Oh no ... I am so sorry to read about Twinkle's passing. I really love reading your threads about her. Your bond was incredible.

RIP Twinkle.

Thin Lizzy
04-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Thank You for your beautiful messages and support, yesterday was hellish and I've cried loads for my Little Diva. It came out of the blue and seeing her like that broke my heart.
I felt relief when I saw Twinkle at peace and pain free after being put to sleep, saying goodbye is the most difficult thing to do.
We don't have our hams for long so it's important to cherish, spoil and love them unconditionally. Each hamster is unique and that's what makes them so special.

Here's some pics; first up The flying Sauce
The Bootylicious T-Lo
Being Spoon fed Baby food
Sputnik Twinkle

Mrs Livingston
04-22-2016, 09:52 AM
I am so terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you xx

Coco61
04-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Lovely photos of the diva, beautiful girl indeed. Hope you are ok TL.

Pebbles82
04-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Agree - lovely photos of her there. I hope you get some company and support at this time x

flowerfairy
04-22-2016, 11:22 AM
Awwwww Twinkle being fed by spoon. That is the kind of picture to have enlarged and framed on your bedroom wall. How utterly adoable.

herbi7
04-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Oh no, thin Lizzy I am so sorry. I was shocked to find your post, it's awful coming out of the blue like that. I do hope you're ok. I hope you will be comforted that she had such a happy life with you and knew she was loved very much. The pictures are lovely, she was a lucky and happy little hamster! Hugs x

AlfredHam
04-22-2016, 01:27 PM
So sorry, she was a sweetie :( x

Rsclio197
04-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Im so so sorry to hear this :( I hope your OK .. she was beautiful! Thankfully you made the tough decision so she didn't suffer and she'll be thankful for it. Stay strong your paths will meet again.

RIP Beautiful girl x

RubyDG
04-22-2016, 05:02 PM
Oh no! I just saw this Lizzy - I'm so sorry that you've lost your wonderful Twinkle :(. There are no words in the world to make it better. It's absolutely heartbreaking. T-Lo could not have been loved more or had a better life. I'm sure she's now over the Rainbow Bridge making demands and rearranging everything to her liking.

Thin Lizzy
04-23-2016, 05:32 AM
Many thanks for the wonderful messages and support guys, it's been overwhelming and very much appreciated.
This morning I cleaned out Twinkle's cage and that got the tears flowing, she was such a neat diva when it came to her home, her kingdom! Felt so weird cleaning without her assistance. The flat feels so quiet without her.

Pebbles82
04-23-2016, 05:51 AM
That's a tough job to do. I am so sorry. I can imagine it feels quiet. Hope you have company as much as possible - it helps :-)

cypher
04-23-2016, 06:54 AM
That is always a tough job, I'm sure your little diva was there with you in spirit watching over the clean though.
The quiet is difficult too, hope you're finding ways to cope.

Thin Lizzy
04-23-2016, 07:46 AM
Thanks Serendipity & Cypher,
She was great at supervising my cleaning and would nudge my hand with her bum if it was too much lol!
I keep thinking I can hear her when it gets to certain times in the day.

Cypher - I loved what you put in your post about My Little Prince Charming looking after her, such a comfort to know they're together.

Bec
04-23-2016, 07:51 AM
Hope you are okay and coping alright. The cage clean is tough and it does take time. Twinkle was also a heart ham and it does hurt when they leave.

As you know I struggled with losing Neptune but I kept saying he had an amazing life, that's all we want....and he was shown true love and care. The same can be said for Twinkle .

Look out for a rainbow, I'm sure she'll send you one soon.

Sending you hugs x

Thin Lizzy
04-23-2016, 08:00 AM
Thanks Bec,
Twinkle had an amazing life, totally spoilt rotten. Seeing her the way she was broke my heart and I felt relief when I held her after she was pts, she looked at peace.
I will definitely keep my eye out for a rainbow.

Coco61
04-23-2016, 09:08 AM
Reading this and strangely I can hear Mocho near me scratching at his hoard. I did love the exchanges with Twinkle on his behalf. One day it will be his turn and then perhaps your sweet diva will wait for him at the bridge to meet him and show him around. Then the friends can play together for real.

Thin Lizzy
04-23-2016, 09:37 AM
I loved the exchanges also! I would always read them out to Twinkle who would sit and listen . That made me smile.

Scarlett Empress
04-23-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Twinkle, she was a very special and beautiful little girl - you gave her a wonderful life. Thinking of you xxx

herbi7
04-24-2016, 05:07 AM
Aw, cleaning the cage out is an awful sad job I couldn't do it for several days. I kept thinking I could hear willow and every time I went past the cage I checked her water bottle and looked for her, it was such a habit. It must be so quiet without her now, I think the bigger their personalities, the bigger the gap they leave behind. Hugs x

oddlyoblivious
04-24-2016, 02:41 PM
So sorry to hear she's gone. :( She had such a vibrant personality.

phinox
04-24-2016, 02:55 PM
I am sorry about your loss Thin Lizzy. Run free at the bridge little one, you will be missed on HC

lady jocardi
04-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Oh no Lizzy! I am so sorry to hear this! She was a superstar ham without a doubt. RIP Twinkle.
Big hugs to you my friend xx

josiah416
04-25-2016, 04:48 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Lizzie. Twinkle was so very loved.

BluerayDarkes
04-26-2016, 02:54 AM
I only just got on the forum and got your message, so then I wanted to find this thread. All I can say is I'm sorry she had to go, she will play well at the bridge waiting for you with Archie. xx

herbi7
04-26-2016, 08:59 AM
How are you now, lizzy?

Thin Lizzy
04-27-2016, 12:29 AM
Aw, cleaning the cage out is an awful sad job I couldn't do it for several days. I kept thinking I could hear willow and every time I went past the cage I checked her water bottle and looked for her, it was such a habit. It must be so quiet without her now, I think the bigger their personalities, the bigger the gap they leave behind. Hugs x

Thanks Herbi,
I've been doing that the last few days, convinced I could hear her in her house and hear her heavy foot on her flying saucer.
The quietness is deafening. And it's so true the bigger their personality the bigger the gap they leave behind. Twinkle was that, she had this radiance about her and the living room seems darker without her.
Even found myself cutting up bits of her fave human food to put in her dish and then realising she's no longer there.
But, along with the dark moments and tears there's been some laughter like the spider on the ceiling of my hall this morning. It reminded me of the time when I scooped up a spider running across the hall carpet towards Twinkle during one of her playtimes and the next night she ran to that spot looking for it.
xxx

herbi7
04-27-2016, 02:40 AM
As, I'm so sorry, it's a miserable time isn't it. I'm glad you found something to smile about too. Hopefully as time goes on there will be more of those and less tears but I think it's two steps forward one back sometimes. Take care and be kind to yourself x

souffle
04-27-2016, 05:03 AM
So sorry for your loss. She was a very special little hammy
Play well at the bridge Twinkle xx

DrKMcK
04-27-2016, 03:44 PM
How sad for you to have lost Twinkle Thin Lizzy. She was a cutie and I enjoyed her chats with other HC hamsters. She'll be missed by everyone. Only time can heal such a loss. {{hugs}} :-(

Jenibelle
04-29-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( I love following the little Diva's thread.

Thin Lizzy
04-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Once again I'd just like to say thank you so much for your lovely kind words about my little diva. The support is very much appreciated.
Seeing how much Twinkle meant to you has been overwhelming.
Yesterday, I went and ordered some stuff/mementos of Twinkle and will share them with you when I get them. It's been a rough couple of days, but, I will get through this. Looking back on her life through the many pics had me laughing & crying and remembering the mischief, love and happiness she gave me.
xxx

Rsclio197
04-30-2016, 12:43 AM
I'm glad there's smiles with the tears now.. it's such a dark place to be in when we lose our little buddies. Someone up in the sky wanted Twinkle quite clearly! They were missing a special girl.

I look forward to seeing the Twinkle mementos.

cypher
04-30-2016, 01:57 AM
So many mixed emotions Lizzy, I know just how you feel, ordering mementos can be really bitter sweet, I was doing the same thing yesterday, hope the happy memories are in the fore for you mostly. Hugs to you.
Look forward to seeing your mementos of the beautiful Twinkle when you get them.

Pebbles82
04-30-2016, 02:43 AM
Hugs :-) x

Coco61
04-30-2016, 04:07 AM
Smiles, laughter and tears. Right now those are in the reverse order but one day this will be the order. This is how you will remember your special diva and how precious Twinkle wants it to be. Memorials are needed but in the end to make us smile at all the wonderful memories of those that went before us.

Thin Lizzy
04-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Many Thanks Rsclio, Cypher, Serendipity and Coco. xxxx

Thin Lizzy
05-06-2016, 09:24 PM
There's been a delay on my memories of Twinkle stuff, I've got some but, they made a mistake in her name on one item and they're redoing it. I'm collecting it Tuesday.
I wanted to have it all together so I can post pics. There's no way I could accept something with a spelling error not when it comes to My Little Diva.

Bec
05-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Hope you're doing okay!

Tuesday will soon be here and looking forward to seeing the momentos for your beautiful little diva. X

cypher
05-06-2016, 10:37 PM
That's a shame Lizzy, must have been so disappointing, not long to wait now though.
Everything has to be perfect for Twinkle so I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Cujo
05-07-2016, 07:23 PM
I'm so sorry ThinLizzy. *lots of warm hugs* You guys had a great bond, and you were both blessed to have had each other. These hamsters leave such deep fuzzy little paw prints on our hearts, don't they? :) Twinkle is running free now and not in any more pain. She was a great little hammie, and she will be dearly missed. Take some time to yourself and relax.

Thin Lizzy
05-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Thank you Cujo, she sure did leave her little paw prints on my heart and they'll be forever there. xxx

herbi7
05-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Aw, it will soon be Tuesday now. Hugs for you, it goes on hurting for ages doesnt it

Thin Lizzy
05-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Bec, Cypher & Herbi,
It was disappointing but, I was very calm about it as the woman was so apologetic.
Not long till Tuesday xx

racinghamster
05-09-2016, 05:11 AM
Lizzy, sending big hugs your way, I`m really sad to hear of your loss, so heart breaking. It`s no wonder we all have that same attachment to our little friends it`s like a massive kick in the belly when they suddenly fall very ill like this. :( I totally understand your actions too regarding thinking you hear her or finding yourself preparing little pieces of food. It`s like a routine we have that is suddenly snatched away.

Please do share your memorial things. I`m sure they will bring a smile back and remind you of the better times. Remember too that she had a wonderful mum and a wonderful life and will never be forgotten. x

Thin Lizzy
05-10-2016, 08:28 PM
So finally I have my momentos of Twinkle My Little Diva!
It brought tears to my eyes, not sad tears but happy tears - she may be gone but, she'll be forever loved and missed and I'll never forget her.
First up a framed pic with LOVE
Twinkle Mug & Silver Heart Keyring
Twinkle Cushion
Lastly Archie & Twinkle Cushions Together - Archie's was done last year and took a pic of it to the shop so Twinkle's was the same.

cypher
05-10-2016, 09:30 PM
Lovely momentos Lizzy, such a beautiful tribute to your gorgeous little diva, I'm sure they will bring you lots of comfort & happy memories.
Seeing the two cushions together I can just picture you all cuddled up with the wonderful pair of furry friends that have never really left you.

Thin Lizzy
05-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Thank You Cypher,
I'm really pleased with them, it was strange walking into the living room earlier as Archie & Twinkle were staring at me. You're spot on about them not leaving me. The shop that did them also do pillow cases.

Pebbles82
05-11-2016, 03:32 AM
Lovely mementoes Thin Lizzy! I also think the cushions are a lovely idea.

pinkneon
05-11-2016, 05:20 AM
Those are beautiful!

Coco61
05-11-2016, 11:07 AM
What heartwarming momentoes Lizzie, just lovely everyday items that you will treasure always. The photos of your precious Diva will always make you smile and the two cushions together are perfect. Archie and Twinkle forever!

Elliiy
05-11-2016, 11:10 AM
love the hammy momentoes their all so very cute!

Thin Lizzy
05-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Thanks Serendipity, Pinkneon, Coco and Elliiy!

Not having a garden and being able to bury them this is my way of keeping Twinkle & Archie's memory alive. I had originally planned to use the local supermarket to get the momentoes done but there's a little shop in the shopping centre that do it and the supermarkets make enough money, I like to support the smaller businesses.

BluerayDarkes
05-12-2016, 12:36 AM
Those are lovely, I especially love the keyring.

Thin Lizzy
05-12-2016, 12:49 AM
Thanks Blue,
I love the keyring too. The shop does a load of stuff. I liked the candles, not that it would ever get lit. Coasters, place mats, t-shirts, purses, bags etc are also done.

Kodahbear96
05-18-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss! I know how difficult it is, and my heart is breaking for you!