PDA

View Full Version : I'm published!

Emma
11-08-2005, 06:40 AM
I just got my copy of the autumn BHA journal.....and was surprised to see two of my articles in it!!!! They've republished the "Routine Health Checks" one and the "Hamster First Aid Kit" one too.

I remember chatting to Babyboos about articles for the journal but I'd completely forgotten about passing these two on! I'd have rewritten them a bit if I'd known :oops:

I can now say I have published articles in a journal though, that's pretty cool. There's also a small plug for HC in there, as it was unedited and refers readers to a post on the forum.

souffle
11-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Fantastic emma. It's such a thrill to see your work in print. Pophammy has had a lot published in the NHC journal and has won quite a few competitions. She even won a competition run by the Sunday Times and Great Ormond Street hospital to write a story for a child in hospital. She had the thrill of being presented by Cherie Blair and met Jaqueline Wilson and of host of stars in London. Needless to say there were alien 'hamsters' in it called Gingles. Pophammy also draws Herbert Hamster, the cartoon in the NHC. Sorry can't help being proud!!!! Well done and first of many I expect.

flogging_molly
11-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Fantastic Emma well done!

nooboo
11-08-2005, 02:39 PM
congrats!! your efforts were rewarded

babyboos
11-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Sorry Emma I never realised it was that time again. Any more gratefully received, and that goes for everyone. Feel free to drop me a line to discuss or post ideas here. I have been asked to write a piece for Pet Owner Magazine EEK! on hamster rescuing.....

Sorry if there was something you would rather have changed - we try to get everyone to edit as much as possible themselves and then all I do is a quick spelling and grammar check and off it goes....

SnuggleHam
11-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Congratulations Emma! Now what exactly is the BHA journal? Is that like a newsletter or a magazine of sorts? I think it’s so great you had two articles though! And I have both those articles on the HC website as well! Thanks for allowing me to post them, as they were great articles!

Emma
11-09-2005, 03:45 AM
BHA = British Hamster Association, one of the umbrella organisations that hamster clubs are affiliated to (there are two in the UK, due some rivalry in the past!)

SnuggleHam
11-09-2005, 05:27 AM
Well then I’m glad that HC was mentioned! I hope that it encourages more people to come see the site and visit the forum!