PDA

View Full Version : Gus xx

pophammy
05-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately we have some bad news. Gus the school hamster, also known as Pringle, passed away in his nest last Saturday. :cry:

During his life he brought pleasure to so many people. All the teachers loved him and I often found the technicians feeding him cheese at lunchtime! He lived with us during the holidays and after Christmas we could see he was getting much frailer so he stayed here with us for his retirement. He was such a character and so beautiful and speedy! He loved running around his cage and was the only dwarf I've ever known who could acrobat and hang from his bars. He loved his food and would always come running out when you filled the bowl up. He was very friendly and never bit anybody.

He always did well at shows, winning many non-standard classes, and one judge said that if he had been a standard colour he would definitely have gotten Best in Show. He was a little fighter, and even when he had to have an operation to remove a tumour from his tummy he pulled through and was speeding about his cage the day after.

He was happy and active right up until the end, when we just found him curled up in his nest as though he'd been asleep.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/anastasia-pophammy/gusx.jpg

R.I.P little Gus, you were a beautiful little man and will always be missed. xxx

26/7/07~23/5/09

Toria
05-26-2009, 03:12 PM
He looks geougous.
I hope hes having an amazing time where ever he is. :(