PDA

View Full Version : DIY Pringles Tube ideas?

RubyDG
03-29-2016, 04:59 PM
So I'm in the process of cleaning out my flat as we will be moving and I happened across a big bag of empty pringles tubes I had tucked away and mostly forgotten about. I probably have around 15 of them and Hubby says I either have to do something with them or throw them away :shock:. So aside from using it as a tube as is, does anyone have any fun or interesting DIY suggestions for them? Seems a waste just to toss them :cool:

WinnieTheHam
03-30-2016, 03:26 AM
You could cut them through the middle, length ways, and use them for a slide for your hams? Cut holes in them and attach other pringle tubes to it to make a sort of tunnel system? I'm not so sure what else you could do with them!

I've attached some tubes to the bars with some garden string, it helps use space in the cage :)

flowerfairy
03-30-2016, 04:25 AM
Oooo lots of pringles tubes. You could use them as lovely play box entertainment, fill with treats, grasses, herbs, veg, etc

They make good transporters. Gopal squeezes into his when its playbox time as he is still somewhat hand shy.

Just imagine the mazes you could make!

Let us know how you get on. 15. Wonderful.

RubyDG
03-30-2016, 07:01 AM
Thanks guys :). Hubby and I went through a phase last year of eating loads of Pringles, mostly because our local shop had a massive 2 for a £1 stock clearance sale going on :mrgreen:. I think I'm going to try make some interconnecting tubes for playtime. Need to make sure they're interchangable to keep things interesting. I really need to do a clear out of Spike's stuff and just keep the stuff I am using and not just keep everything because I might maybe use it.

Scarlett Empress
03-30-2016, 10:21 AM
Smokey likes to recycle Pringles tubes into - er - confetti?
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1500/24920185795_46ffea8e04_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/DY7t2M)

I am sure tis is something Spike would be extremely good at, but you might not want to encourage him!!!

I'm trying to make a sort of adventure playground out of my tubes but haven't got very far and haven't got any pics - but to make them look smarter, I have hot-glued sisal string round them.

I also keep my knitting needles in one, but they are only good for needles up to 25cm! :)

CMB
03-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Four Pringles tubes and some cardboard to make a hamster climbing castle.

RubyDG
03-30-2016, 12:48 PM
Ooooooh I like the hamster castle idea. Also really like the sisal string idea - Hubby always says all Spike's toys make us look like we're a recycling depot (which they do, cardboard and loo rolls everywhere :mad:). Spike has the whole confetti thing down too except he rips up old paperback books and carpet. No matter how much I vacuum I still always find little pieces of paper and cardboard in random places :mad:.