PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Lacey-Mei xxx

fluffybumolivia
03-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Hello Hamster Central,

It's been a while since I have been on here due to my studies, however as the title suggests, I thought I should let you all know that my little Lacey-Mei, who I rescued in November 2014, had passed to Rainbow Bridge last Sunday (13/03/16).

She would have been nearly 2 years old as when we rescued her she was 3-5 months old. She was very active to the day she died (apart from slowing down a bit in her last few days) and died very peacefully in her bed. I wasn't aware that she had died, but found her while feeding the hams. I think Hamish knew as he was being particularly quiet and Ziggy (my dog) gave me lots of hugs and licks too.

When Lacey first arrived at our house she looked so sad in her plain simple house (with just a hideaway, a maze which took up the whole cage, an incredibly small wheel and a huge bowl) I couldn't just leave her like that. From the moment I put her back in her house with all new things to explore, she was the most happiest I've ever seen a hamster. She was racing around like there was no tomorrow! And when we got her silent spinner (nicknamed her 'Red Ferrari' ) from 'bonkers4hamsters' on HC she was so excited! She would run for a while, then run to us, then run back and run some more on her wheel! Apart from her carrot and coconut cottages, her wheel was definitely her favourite thing. She would always get up in the mornings, while we were eating our breakfast and say hello, have a quick drink and go back to bed again. She was so sweet and 'chatty' and I love her very much.

One thing I have learnt from Lacey is that no matter how bad your life is, even the little things can make a difference and you can always do something to make someone else happy in some way (because she had a not very nice life before, I helped her to be happy and the joy that I could see in her helped me when I was having down days due to health issues). So thank you Lacey-Mei. Xx

The day after she died I was scheduled to do a run for Sport Relief and even though I had stayed up till gone midnight saying my goodbyes and making her comfortable and I really didn't have the energy (mentally or physically) to do it, I ran 6 miles and raised £46 and she has inspired me to do more charity events throughout the year. I plan to do the Race for Life (Breast Cancer) and am looking at other charity events I can take part in near me, including animal charities.

After much thought, we decided on a cremation. We did it through our vets (who use Silvermere Haven Crematorium) and it cost £95 with a scatter box and we are ordering a 'keepsake' sized urn online as we didn't see the point in a huge one. It is very pricey but I wanted to get her ashes back so we had to go for an individual cremation. When we made her comfortable in a pretty blue box, we lined it with her favourite background paper (red and white polka dots) and put some of her bedding from her house in there as well. I put a few seeds in there for the journey, a piece of cardboard bedding from Hamish's house and a flower. I requested for her to be cremated with the contents of the box too so she had everything she needed. I am also going to make a memory box with her bits and bobs like I did when my first hamster, Olivia died. A video in her memory will be on my YouTube channel soon too.

I love you so much Lacey and I miss you every second. I know you're ok as I saw your shining star twinkling when all the others were hidden by the clouds. Look after yourself sweetheart and I will see you again one day at Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Lacey-Mei xxx <3

P.S. Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to give her a special tribute that I could look at in the future.

Nickycaly
03-18-2016, 03:53 PM
So incredibly beautiful what you wrote about sweet Lacey. Rest in peace, and my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Look forward to her video tribute. Sounds like you both were so lucky to have one another.

Rsclio197
03-18-2016, 05:14 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. It sounds like you made her one happy ham and in return she made you extremely happy. It's amazing how attached we become to these little creatures.

I lost my first ever ham just 3 weeks ago and it was the saddest moment I've ever experienced, I was filled with anger and regret, what ifs etc... but as time goes by the happy memories replace all of that knowing you moved heaven and earth to make your best friend so happy.

No doubt Lacie Mae will be up there having am amazing time running free and doing as she pleases, waiting to see her mummy again one day.

RIP Little one

Pebbles82
03-18-2016, 06:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear she has passed. She's playing free now and she had a happy life with you. And your good care was rewarded by her happiness.

cypher
03-18-2016, 10:10 PM
Such a heartfelt memorial tribute to your lovely girl, it's clear how special she was to you & how much she was loved, I'm so sorry for your loss, she will be forever in your heart.

Run free & play well at the bridge Lacey-Mei.

CMB
03-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Sorry for your loss.

fluffybumolivia
03-19-2016, 01:23 AM
Thank you all so much for your beautiful, kind words. It means a lot :) xx
- Rsclio197 I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I'm sure she had an amazing life too. I went through exactly the same thing when Olivia died, as I'm sure we all did when our first little one passed to Rainbow Bridge. It does get easier because like you said, you have the lovely memories to look back on and the comfort knowing that they are running free waiting patiently for the day you'll meet again.

Thin Lizzy
03-24-2016, 07:29 AM
So sad to hear about Lacey-mei, what you wrote brought tears to my eyes, beautiful wording.
A beautiful memorial for a beautiful girl.

Josie
03-30-2016, 04:59 PM
So sad to hear about Lacey-Mei, you wrote such a lovely memorial for her, play well at the bridge Lacey-Mei hugs to you xxxx

"While we no longer see and hold the ones we have loved and lost, they live with us forever in our hearts and our memories"

RIP Lacey-Mei

WinnieTheHam
03-30-2016, 05:27 PM
This brings tears to my eyes, such a beautiful way of laying her to rest, you gave her all she needed.

Run free and play well at rainbow bridge Lacey-Mei, sending lots of hugs x

souffle
04-27-2016, 05:06 AM
So sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge Lacey Mei xx

flowerfairy
04-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Rest in peace Lacey-mei. Lovely tribute to your special girl.

lady jocardi
04-27-2016, 03:45 PM
so sorry. hugs xx

DrKMcK
04-27-2016, 04:02 PM
I am so sorry you've lost Lacey-Mei. It's never easy to lose them as they become such a big part of our lives. {{hugs}} :-(

fluffybumolivia
05-01-2016, 01:56 AM
Here is the link to her video memorial- https://youtu.be/JomS9jJ-q4k
Thank you again for your beautiful words, it means a lot xx

cypher
05-01-2016, 02:44 AM
I hope you feel better for having done that for her now, it's a lovely tribute to your beautiful Lacey-Mei.