PDA

View Full Version : Hamster Haul!

sailorjerry
03-12-2016, 10:25 AM
So, after being inspired by numerous IKEA hacks on here, plus some videos by ErinsAnimals, I've been out today and bought lots of craft goodies!

I was very lucky to get lots of paint samples for only 10p each due to the B&Q shutting, near me! I went for the Cuprinol Garden Shades, after remembering reading on here that they're pretty hamster friendly. I bought a glue-gun and glue sticks, but I'm a little nervous as I couldn't find anywhere on them that they're non-toxic.

Luckily Pepper's not a chewer (just her bars! Grr) so I'm not too worried any more. I am only going to use the glue on inside parts that are not exposed. Obviously if I see the slightest sign of chewing, I'll get whatever I make taken out!

So, I was wondering, have any of you had any good hauls recently?

GreySyrian
03-13-2016, 10:17 AM
I'm planning to order a haul if that counts! I'll have to try B&G as was looking for safe paint that wouldn't be too expensive, testers sound like perfect solution as I only wanted a small amount. Planning a themed cage and it's difficult considering most things don't adhere to a colour scheme.

If Pepper isn't a chewer and you don't over use the glue I'm sure it will be fine! You could always try looking on eBay for non-toxic ones if you want peace of mind!

What are you planning to make for Pepper? :)

chesca_27
03-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Check out Erin's website where she has loads of close up photos of the models. Potassium is such a cutie😍. Btw I have tried some of those projects out for when I get a hamster and they seem really good. Also, I speak from experience, that amount of lolly sticks will only make around two projects. Only recently, I convinced my mum to buy me 800 lollysticks approx 😳😁😉😂. I must find a way to try out that paint😉.