PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my Girls x

shawniyatwain
03-02-2016, 03:22 PM
This month has possibly been the hardest month as a pet owner. I began February 3 beautiful little girls, as of yesterday my home is hamsterless. They have all passed away from various things. They got me through so many difficult times in my life without even knowing they were and I miss them so much.
It's fair to say my life is feeling very lonely without a little pink nosed, fuzzy bottomed baby.

Cinnamon Bear
03-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Hope you can build another hamster family soon! Sorry to hear about your recent losses!

Sm_banks
03-02-2016, 03:55 PM
I am sorry, It must be hard to lose them so close together. Play well at the bridge little ones.

Rsclio197
03-02-2016, 03:59 PM
So sorry to hear this. What a wonderful and beautiful trio of hammies. I'm glad to hear they had such a positive impact on your life.

I wouldn't like to begin to imagine your pain. Stay strong.

RIP little hammies.

Pebbles82
03-02-2016, 04:12 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I knew one of your hammies had been unwell but didn't know about the other two. Very sad. It must be a shock. I am sure a new hammy will find you soon x

shawniyatwain
03-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Thank you, I hadn't really had time to grieve for bella and Rosie as Bambi became unwell and she then became my focus. Now I'm grieving for all of them really.

I am in 2 minds about making another hamster family, I love hammers dearly and love having them in my life but the loss makes it difficult. I just need to decide if I can go through it again x

Rsclio197
03-02-2016, 04:48 PM
I totally understand why you feel that way it must be so difficult.

I know it's cliched but it's 100% better to have loved and lost than not loved at all. Hamsters need people like you to give them love and a great life like you gave to these 3 beauties.

In any case, just take your time over the terrible loss and remember the great memories and the life you shared with these 3.

shawniyatwain
03-02-2016, 04:55 PM
My partner keeps reminding me of how good their lives were when I get sad about their loses, and how most hamsters have tiny cages and no quality of life. It's definitely a comfort :)

I will most definitely post if any new arrivals happen to appear!

Rsclio197
03-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Glad to hear it. If people like you don't bring them up to live amazing lives then there's every chance that hammy that could be your child ends up in a family that doesn't appreciate it. Sorry if it sounds like i'm putting pressure on you to get another hammy or 2 Haha.

For now though you need to get this this horrible loss. I've just shed a few tears looking at the photos and reading the terrible circumstances :(

It never rains, it pours.

Thin Lizzy
03-02-2016, 09:58 PM
So very sorry for your loss of your 3 very beautiful girls. You gave them everything, they were so happy and loved by you. So agree with Rsclio, hamsters need people like you who will give them a forever home and love. I hope in time you get another Hamily, you've got so much love to give.
Sending you big hugs XXX

cypher
03-02-2016, 10:35 PM
I'm so very sorry you've had such a great loss to bear, this must be such a difficult time for you *hugs*

You gave them the best life you could & I hope before too long you will be able to cherish the memories without so much pain, remembering how much they give back helps to overcome the awful grief we feel at their passing away but take your time to come to terms with the loss & maybe you'll find you still have room in your heart for another little furry or a family to complete your life again.

ANGELBABIES
03-02-2016, 11:41 PM
As everyone has said - every hammy we take into our lives - we give them the very best we can. You have just lost three of your precious ones, and it takes time. But one day the memories you have of the little ones will make you smile, and you will be ready to bring another little one into your life. Run free little ones xx

RubyDG
03-03-2016, 01:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, losing them all so close together is awful :(. Everyone grieves differently so don't push yourself with regards to getting another hamster. You'll know when or if you're ready.