PDA

View Full Version : Dog biscuits?

Rolo-n-Rocky
05-06-2009, 06:09 AM
Hi all,

More advice needed if you wouldn't mind! Rocky has a habit of chewing his bars. I think it's through boredom because his cage was bare when we took him on and now that I'm giving him stuff to do he seems to do it less - but I'm very wary of the problems it can cause so am wanting to get him out of the habit asap. Otherwise - he gets moved to a bin cage.

I've got some Karlie wood sticks to try him with and a friend of mine is going to try and trim a little branchette from her mum's apple tree! However, I also read that giving them flavoured dog biscuits can help to give them something else to chew on.

What sort of dog biscuits? I'm not sure what size/flavour/type I should be giving. Has anyone given their hammy dog biscuits and if so, which ones?

Thanks!

loyal_tree
05-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I bought a generic doggie biscuit for mine, and they absolutely love them! It's so cute they're shaped like bones and they carry them around their cage in their mouths like puppies. Avoid any garlic or onion flavorings and the biscuit world is your oyster!

souffle
05-07-2009, 04:04 AM
We give the milk bones by pedigree but have also used Bonio ones. I have seen people ffed the little marrowbone rolls too but never tried those ourselves.