PDA

View Full Version : The foreverlast hamster ultra chew toy!!

TNTWORX
01-08-2016, 10:39 PM
I was up a little bit ago making turbo a new toy! I am pretty impressed. essentialy, it is a long lasting chew that combines two toys into one.

Here is what you need: scissors, paper towel roll (not tp), scissors, and two to three sheets of paper. (also small treats, like pecans or other nuts).

Directions: cut the paper towel roll into many into circles so they are like the shape of the paper towel roll. don't make them skinny though.make them moderately large.make a dozen or so.now take them and overlap them all so they form a flat circle shape.( You may have to turn it into a square near the end). now open it some, put treats in. now wrap it in the pieces of paper, inserting treats into it as you go so when the hamster chews they don't get discouraged. now make sure the paper doesn't unravel, and presto! put in cage for your hammie, or hammies to enjoy.

TNTWORX
01-09-2016, 09:29 PM
On another note, can I use walnut shells as chews?

velma
01-10-2016, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure you can use walnut shells but I'll let so else confirm that. Your chew toy sounds good, can you post pictures?

cypher
01-10-2016, 05:14 AM
They can have walnuts in the shell although they usually need a small hole made so they can find the nut & get interested in chewing but I'm not sure if they'd bother with no nut inside!

TNTWORX
01-10-2016, 09:52 AM
thanks. I cant get pictures of the chew, or else I would have posted them.

TNTWORX
01-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Also if hammies don't seem interested put a small hole down to the center so they smell treats