PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink

nad84
04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I got my hamster yesterday, and she doesn't seem to be drinking much.
I have read that this is normal, but why do they sell such big bottles if they don't drink much and you are meant to change it daily?

Also, she collects all of her food out of her bowl and carries it to where she sleeps. I think this is normal, as they store things.
Its just hard to tell if she is eating?

Any help appreciated...

SandytheSyrian
04-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Don't worry your hamster is showing all the signs of any normal healthy hamster. :wink: Hamsters will stuff all their food in their cheeks to normally bring back to their houses where they can then snack on it there. And with the water bottles, like you know, hamsters won't drink very much water and with wondering why the water bottles are so big, haha, I have no idea!

nad84
04-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Thank you, their funny little things arn't they.
She literally forced as much food as possible into her cheeks yesterday-they looked huge.

NAD84

souffle
05-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Babyhams do not eat an awful lot. Maybe a teaspoon a day at most. Don't worry she will eat what she needs :) It is normal to store food and most do it in their beds. You can give her extras like a tiny bit of chicken, egg, pasta, tofu and various fruits and veg to help her grow :)