PDA

View Full Version : Jute twine or Hemp Twine: Are these safe?

Dornen
11-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Apparently every store around me is out of sisal and amazon only has huge spools. I found these in my craft stash, would either of them be safe? I think aubiose is made from hemp and its generally considered ok?

Pebbles82
11-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Hmm I don't think so. I seem to remember asking about hemp once and it's different when woven. Rodipet sell good sisal - it only costs about £1.30 although it means paying £7 postage from Germany

https://www.rodipet.de/shop/zubehoer/rodipet-sisalseil.html

Dornen
11-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Darn. Well it was worth a shot. Stores around me sell sisal, but its completely sold out in all the places I've checked. Its not urgent at least.

I didn't think Rodipet shipped internationally? They have such nice stuff but I imagine the shipping to Canada would be unmanageable.

Pebbles82
11-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Oh good point! They ship to the Uk - sorry forgot you were in Canada. What do you want to do with it? How about paper string? Someone told me about it and I googled it once and it seems to be sold by some craft shops. Quite strong too.

Dornen
11-29-2015, 11:57 AM
I was going to tie some willow sticks into a sort of raft and use that to dam up the bedding around the wheel. I think I will just use a big bendy-bridge though.

Pebbles82
11-29-2015, 11:59 AM
I have a bendy bridge for doing the same - works well. I think it is about 16.5cm wide and 25cm long ish - not the smallest size but not the biggest either