PDA

View Full Version : Night night Baby Cibor

Nancy's Hamsters
11-08-2015, 10:19 PM
You were born so small and you were a fighter of life. Your siblings would knock you over and you always were a gentleman and waited very patiently for your turn at the water bottles, and food bowl.

I knew when you quit growing at 3 1/2 weeks there was something much more going on inside you and I also knew your life time would not be as long as I had hoped for you.

I thought I was gonna type this when at 4 weeks old I found you staggering about like a drunken Hamster, but a quick drop of raw honey and a separate special feeding only for you had you back on track. You sulked if I attempted to separate you refusing to eat or drink unless I put you back in with your big and bossy siblings, and on Saturday night when I returned home from Church prayer you were no more with us.

Rest well now you are now a happy and healthy normal size hamster playing at the bridge and at peace

Baby Cibor Born Sept 29,2015 to the Rainbow Bridge on November 7th, 2015
34006 34007

I have no way to confirm it but I believe he either had a heart issue, or a Pituitary issue as he quit growing completely at 3 1/2 weeks of age and in the last days of his life he was not able to maintain his blood sugars at all.
This is one thing faced when you have closely related parents.

cypher
11-08-2015, 10:25 PM
So sorry Nancy, it sounds as though her life was never going to be long but she couldn't have spent her short time in better hands with all the love & care she could have wished for.

Run free & play well at the bridge little Cibor.

Piebald
11-09-2015, 12:28 AM
What cypher said. Play well at the bridge little one. Xx

Coco61
11-09-2015, 12:06 PM
So sorry Nancy. A sweet natured little girl taken to a better place for her.
Run free and healthy Cibor.

Pebbles82
11-09-2015, 12:08 PM
So sorry Nancy x Also what Cypher said.

Hammy_
11-09-2015, 12:10 PM
So sorry x

DrKMcK
11-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Oh Nancy. :-( She really was a little bit of a thing, wasn't she? It can get so confusing when you have little furries running around and one doesn't make it. It becomes an emotional rollercoaster...happy about the babies but sad about the little lost one. That's the part that people who want to breed for the experience don't realize. I'm just glad she had you in her short life.

Josie
11-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Such a handsome little boy, play well at the bridge Cibor hugs to you xx

"Not Lost but Gone Before"

Nancy's Hamsters
11-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Thanks all and folks Cibor was a boy but I'm sure he had no problem with you all calling him a girl :D

Yes DrKMcK People always want to have that cute adorable perfect litter but they never want to face the facts of life, and death. In my many years of breeding quality Syrians I have had many a sad times and losing a pup who has had eyes open and a real fighter to live is not a happy occasion for me or any reputable breeder. The Vet said it would be impossible to try and find out what exactly went wrong and placed the two possible causes listed in the opening post as his probable cause of death. The others are doing very well so the Vet doesn't think it was genetic just a fact of life.

Thin Lizzy
11-15-2015, 09:51 PM
So sorry to hear about Cibor and I agree with what Cypher said.

souffle
12-01-2015, 05:44 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. He was so tiny and frail but his short life was filled with love and caring.
Play well at the bridge Cibor x