PDA

View Full Version : So Sorry

Skyblue2001
10-16-2015, 08:02 AM
Every time i get to see that another Hamster has passed away i feel very sad for it's owner. Lately i haven't been able to reply to all but i want them to know that deep in my heart that i feel sadden for them.

cheekytita
10-16-2015, 09:08 AM
i share the same sentiments. i read their posts and think of words that could somehow console them but i just find it very hard to do. i just had my first hamster few months ago and i become very paranoid whenever he acts odd especially during his first weeks with me. it already hurts worrying that i might lose him and i just can't imagine what those who have lost their beloved hammies are feeling. my heart goes out to them.

Bertiebobbins
10-16-2015, 09:30 AM
I've been thinking the same, it seems the change of seasons has taken so many hams to the bridge in the last couple of days.

LancashireLass
10-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Skyblue2001, I know how you feel I get upset especially when I hear about a loss of and the grief that their owners go through when they lose a beloved Ham, or to be his honest any pet, it doesn't matter what kind of beloved pet it is that you have to say goodnight too. We all know that the lifespan of a Ham is not the best and all of us cherish the time that we have with them, which in my experience does not make it any easier when we have say goodbye to them and they join all the other Hams at the Rainbow Bridge.

Love j xxxxx

Penguin
10-16-2015, 03:01 PM
I feel the same way. And it's okay.
Personally I'm scared to make the matter worse by putting something in a wrong way.

And if you are like me and a lot of others, you won't ever stop being paranoid about your pet's health. If I haven't seen or heard my ham for 24 hours I will wake her up. Hopefully she will forgive me, but in the long run I would rather be safe than sorry.

Marbleandjasper
10-17-2015, 02:49 AM
Wow so I am not the only one noticing the mass amount of memorials over the past
couple of weeks I lost jasper and didn't really want to say till I got some good news
because all this sadness is really taking its toll on the HC people.
My heart goes out every time I see one but if it keeps up like this I don't think I can stay
on HC its just to much sadness to handle.

Milkshake
10-17-2015, 03:02 AM
I try and say something on the memorials but it just ends up looking awkward or spiteful. I do read and sympathize, I just can't help it. The memorials are just very upsetting.

For the first couple of months sine I got my ham, I constantly thought he was dying all the time. That made it worse even though he was fine. Now I am a little bit more relaxed, but I am still very, very cautious. And even now, sometimes get upset about him. It doesn't even have to be much, but it's just how many hamsters have gone in the months changing. I think my ham's shedding hair or something??? Is this unusual or not?? I seriously don't know but when I answer these questions, I think of someone else's hams as mine, and I get really pessimist on them. I don't mean to upset them but once I actually put they needed to see a vet urgently for a minor issue. I suddenly am starting to rethink being a vet because I would probably kill half the animals by giving them too much painkillers for a tiny bruise... :(

HC does help me though because I feel much safer with some hammy experts and some vets ready to chat about issues.

Robodwarfs18
10-17-2015, 03:06 AM
I feel the same way. It's tragic how many are passing on recently. My heart goes out to all the ham owners who's little ones have went to the bridge :( xx

ANGELBABIES
10-17-2015, 05:14 AM
I too feel the same way - too many babies gone. It is that time of the year when the weather changes to winter. I have now three babies from the same litter - two sisters and one brother - and they are 20 months old. I lost their mother, my beloved Indie in March and dreading the day I lose my three babies. But have to make the best as each day is a bonus. Love and hugs to you all xx

Piebald
10-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Thanks for this open sympathy thread. I can't always bring myself to read the memorials because I emphasize so much it's too sad. That is perhaps selfish but I try to comfort those with a loss when I can. I hope everyone knows we feel their loss, understand, and offer sympathy, even if we don't post in the thread. xx