PDA

View Full Version : best cage for robo's

Rudy
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
hi
i am hoping to get some robo's and obviously need to do my homework as i have only had syrians before. i have been reading some of the posts here and would like to know what cages do people have their robo's in, is there one that is better than others? what should i avoid? i have already realised i will need a spare just incase they fight (am hoping to have a pair). apart from speed and size and living in pairs is there anything really different about robo's that i should know/learn?

love
lorna
xx

MrsFlowerpot
04-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi!

I got my first pair of robos a few weeks ago. I got a Ferplast Mini duna for them and it's great. The only fault I can find with it is the water bottle drips a bit.

The robos have quite a lot of room to move about and they love to nest under the platform. I did replace the wheel with a 4.5" silent spinner which they love and I don't use the food bowl, I just hide their food in different places to give them a challenge. I've got them a few toys and they seem to be happy in it. I'd recommend it for a pair of robos.

Clair

internet_nobody
04-13-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm gonna suggest a bit bigger...I would go for the Ferplast Duna Multy. For robos I find its important that they all have their own wheel, and 2 wheels in the mini duna gets a bit crowded. There's a lot more floor space for zooming around, and a bit more height for toys to climb on.

I wouldn't go any smaller than a mini duna though!

Rudy
04-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Hiya

thank you for the replies. i will start to look now. is it ok to post the ones i find to check their suitablitiy if they do not have sizes. i haven't had to buy hamster cages for years. i will look up a duna multy and get its sizes and work from there. thank you again.

love
lorna
xx

Rudy
04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Hiya

i found a rody Rody Hamster Cage by Savic on p@h website, what do you all think? is it big enough? i would need to buy another wheel do you think there would be enough room for this?

info copied from p@h website
Dimensions: 26 x 39 x 55cm

love
lorna
xx

internet_nobody
04-15-2009, 03:32 AM
To be honest I don't really like the rody, I find it cracks easily around the lid and the little plastic insert holds the water bottle so low you can't fit a decent layer of substrate in for the hamsters to burrow. Robos also have a tendancy to hide under the insert and you can't get them out to tame them. Size wise, its the same as the mini duna but doesn't have the shelf offering extra floor space, it is easier to fit two wheels in though.

http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catal ... ivery.html (http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/ferplast-duna-guinea-pig-and-rabbit-cage-free-delivery.html) - is the Duna Multy, for only £5 more than the rody you've got a much bigger cage (about half the floor space again).

Rudy
04-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Hiya, thank you. i had heard of the duna multy and it definetly sounds like the best one for robos so next stop, buying it and accessories, lol. thank you everyone forthe input.

love
lorna
xx

happysaz133
04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Would a ZooZone be a suitable size for Robo's? How many would you recommend? If I go with the Multy, how many Robo's would like contently in that?

That's right, I'm a big step closer to finally owning some :) my Mum saw them for the first time the other day and fell in love!

souffle
04-22-2009, 03:45 AM
I think maybe 4 happysaz. Make sure they are properly sexed when you buy them. I beleive even numbers are better that odd so 2 or 4 I'd say.

happysaz133
04-24-2009, 05:48 AM
I think maybe 4 happysaz. Make sure they are properly sexed when you buy them. I beleive even numbers are better that odd so 2 or 4 I'd say.

Thanks souffle, 4 would also work with my name plans :D obviously I know thats not important, but its a bonus!