PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Phineas

Missile.x
10-15-2015, 08:02 AM
I posted a few days ago in Hamster Healthcare about Phineas and his health problems. I was unsure whether to have him put to sleep or not and with the help of other users reached a decision. Today at around 11.30am, 2 year old Phineas passed away. The vet agreed that if the problems were effecting his quality of life it was the best thing for him. He had gas before the needle, so there was no pain.

Farewell Phineas. You were a wonderful hamster who was much nicer than your Harry Potter namesake. Perhaps your genitals were proportionately too large for your body, but you carried them with pride and grace.

Phineas was a fine creature and he will be missed so very very much because he was so very very loved. Here’s a picture of him looking poised and dignified which is how he will be remembered:

Hamster Central (http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=33637&stc=1&d=1444921152)

cypher
10-15-2015, 08:10 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Missile.x, even when you know it's the kindest thing you can do for your ham it's still very hard but you have done the very best thing for him, he lived to a good age & I'm sure he had a wonderful life with you, take comfort in that & in knowing he didn't have to suffer thanks to you.
I'm sure he will be missed very much but will be forever in your heart.
Lovely photo of your little one.

Run free & play well at the bridge Phineas.

souffle
10-15-2015, 08:16 AM
I am so sorry for your loss but you made a brave and selfless decision.
Play well at the bridge Phineas x

Nancy's Hamsters
10-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Hugs to you MissileX, You gave the one final gift to Phineas that will remain with him throughout eternity the release from this Earthly body which has pain and suffering and gave him an eternal body which is full of life and glowing with glory. Hugs to you and always remember Phineas is not gone just walking about on silent and renewed paws in the memories he gave you during his time with you on earth.

ANGELBABIES
10-15-2015, 10:00 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Missile.X - you made the ultimate sacrifice and now he is running free with all his new friends. Play well little man Phineas xx

HarryHamster
10-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Sorry for loss Missile.X, you made a hard decision but you will know Phineas is not in any pain or suffering, he will be always with you forever. {hugs}

RIP little man and play well at the bridge, you will be forever loved.

de4life
10-15-2015, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry you had to make such a difficult decision. Sadly the one thing we all sign up for as hamster owners is knowing almost certainly we will have to witness our little friends passing on without us. Having to actually make that choice is heartbreaking, but also the ultimate act of love to ensure a peaceful and dignified ending to their lives.

Josie
10-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Such a difficult decision to make, sorry for your loss Missile.X, play well at the bridge Phineas no more pain and suffering beautiful little boy xxxx

"We should treasure each day with our beloved furballs as their lives are so short, and they are always gone to soon"