PDA

View Full Version : Good bye sweet Darissa

Erin.R
10-14-2015, 02:39 PM
We lost one of the sweetest tort girls ever this evening.
Darissa made the rounds, she originally came from Nancy, then went to Hekomi's to have a litter then to me when she was ready to retire. She was such a calm, sweet girl, she would come out to greet me by bursting out of her nest when she heard my voice, even in the last couple days when she was clearly uncomfortable. i noticed she wasn't feeling well a couple days ago, I figured it was sue to old age and kept a watchful eye on her.Night before last I picked her up and realized she had blood all over her underside. I thought she would go that night but she was better the next morning. I made her an appointment for today since she clearly had something going on. The vet found what felt like a mass in or near her intestines which solved why her poo was an unusual color. Sadly as the vet was feeling around Dar started to go so they rushed her back to give her some gas to keep her sedated then she was pts.
I am glad to have had her for a while at least and I am sure Nancy and Hekomi will say the same since they still have some of her offspring or great offsprings.
Sleep well sweet Miss Darissa.

DrKMcK
10-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Oh no! Not Darissa. :-( I am so sorry she's gone. She was such a little star and a gorgeous tortie. Erin, at least she was loved at all the stages of her life. {hugs} Play well at the Bridge Sweet Darissa. You will be sorely missed. :-(

Nancy's Hamsters
10-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Yes she was a one of a kind Tort and so glad she passed on her very unusual for a tort temperament. I found Darissa in a cage all alone at a pet store. She was not like a normal pet store Hamster as she was Big, had a beautiful type and she was soooo blooming tame.

It turned out she and Shiloh were given to the store by a very responsible hobby breeder who was forced out of her home and where she found a place to live said absolutely no rodents allowed, so she had to do what she could to give her whole hamstery up. I never knew her exact age but by the fact she was full grown and the fur on her ears was already going bald I figured her at or near 6-8 months.

Once settled I bred her to Jamiel and she gave me a litter of beautiful Black torts and Goldens and Yellow blacks with and without bands of which one was just like her in every way. When Hekomi was going through all that hardship with very ill Black Tort Bands I PM'd her and asked if she would be interested in Darissa as I knew she was quality and would assist her in better quality Hamsters in Canada.

After several weeks it was decided that she and her SO could arrange to meet me in Niagara Falls NY to collect Darissa and two Pups I had from two litters. It was also agreed that I would breed Darissa to Shiloh and she would have a litter in Canada.

That litter was the litter which SBH Amaretto, SBH Arya, and SBH Dusty came from. So Darissa will live on for many more generations as I have her Grand daughter here as well as her great grand son. In fact my current J-15 litter are her Great Great Grand pups and Erin's E litter is sired by her Grand Son.

Run well at the bridge sweet Darissa you ran a good race and you gave many many breeders a fantastic start in the world of quality Hamsters. Erin Hugs to you at yet another loss, but I have to say Thank-You for taking in Darissa and Shiloh and offering them the moon for care and comforts. As you said she will live on in the many pawsteps of her Grand,great grand , and yes great great grand pups from ST's Hamstery, Strong Brew Hamstery ,and your Hamstery(which you still have to name) ;)

Hekomi
10-14-2015, 07:16 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear this. Just earlier today I was looking at some pictures of her.

Darissa was such a lovely hamster to have, and my SO really has fond memories of her. He would feed her sunflower seeds through the mesh when she got here, and from them on it was their "thing".

She had some lovely little ones, and all her offspring are just precious. x We took Dusty out for some cuddles just now.

Thank you for giving her such a wonderful retirement home and loving her so much. x Hugs to you.

Play well at the bridge Darissa, you will certainly live on. x

cypher
10-14-2015, 10:34 PM
I'm so sorry you've lost such a lovely, special girl Erin, I'm sure she will be missed very much but it's lovely that she still lives on through her offspring.
Run free & play well at the bridge Darissa.

ANGELBABIES
10-14-2015, 11:29 PM
You were truly loved Darissa and leave behind you a legacy of little ones and you will live on through them bringing endless joy to human families. Run free sweet little one xx

Shannonmcn
10-15-2015, 04:33 AM
That is sad news :( RIP Darissa, she was a gorgeous lady and she certainly lived a very full life for a ham.

souffle
10-15-2015, 05:48 AM
So sorry for your loss. A lovely tribute x
Play well at the bridge Darissa x

Pebbles82
10-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Play well little Darissa x

Coco61
10-15-2015, 01:01 PM
So sad to read of the passing of such a wonderful girl. She has left a substantial legacy behind and that must be a great comfort. Glad she had such a lovely retirement.
Play well Darissa.