PDA

View Full Version : Night night Dewi

Nancy's Hamsters
10-08-2015, 08:43 PM
I am in shock, my beautiful Satin Golden BandedPolywhiteDominant Spot boy who just 2 days ago was bred to Lizina is gone to the bridge. He was fine this afternoon but when I went to check on Miss Wild mouse that my cat caught and gave to me quite scared, and dazed, but unharmed I found Dewi in a very odd position on the cage floor.

It looks like he may have choked on a bit of food as I removed a large piece from his mouth. The poor thing looks like his last minutes were not at all pleasant, and very painful. I do hope he succeeded in breeding Lizina but he was really more interested in getting out of the bin and having a romp about then breeding.

Night night my Knight in shining Fur coat you will live on with your daughter from your only other litter.

Dewi with his spooky Polywhite red glow eyes
However he was a softy and a mooch for cuddles

cypher
10-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Oh Nancy, what a terrible schock to find your gorgeous boy like that.
I'm so very sorry for your loss *hugs*

Run free & play well at the bridge little Dewi.

Erin.R
10-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Oh no poor Dewi he was such a handsome man!! This seems to be a time of loss, I see more and more people posting about losses. I too lost one tonight. I found one of my robo boys in his little sand bath in his forever sleep. So sorry Nancy, glad you got to breed him again, hopefully it took.

Nancy's Hamsters
10-08-2015, 09:43 PM
If it didn't I guess we will be doing a male trade for breeding and breed her to your YB Dominant spot boy while you get Mister fluffer butt Bohdan back. Wait till you see how his coat has grown in your gonna be shocked.

As for this being a time for losses it seems here the temp changes do cause more deaths for some odd reason but this death was not at all seen coming. It figures he leaves after I place his other pup who was just like him. I guess I'll have to mate his daughter to whatever Chocolate male you have in the E-15 litter who has a ton of white on his belly to see if Dewi was Polywhite Ds Band as I suspect he was, or if he was just Polywhite banded. His daughter is an improvement over him so he will live on in her.

DrKMcK
10-08-2015, 10:50 PM
That's awful Nancy. Such a beautiful hammy. I hope he managed to mate. Time will tell. Play well pretty ham. :-(

Piebald
10-08-2015, 10:54 PM
So sorry for your loss. What a handsome and sweet looking boy. Fingers crossed he left a legacy. At peace now at least. RIP. :( xx

Bertiebobbins
10-09-2015, 12:53 AM
Another ham gone too soon. I'm so sorry for your loss.

BluerayDarkes
10-09-2015, 01:07 AM
That's terrible, sorry for your loss Nancy. Play well at the bridge Dewi

Coco61
10-09-2015, 10:57 AM
So sorry to read this Nancy. He was a lovely looking boy and I really hope he has left you another litter.

fluffydd
10-09-2015, 11:13 AM
I'm so sorry, Nancy. Poor Dewi. He was such a handsome boy

Thin Lizzy
10-09-2015, 08:35 PM
That's so sad, so sorry to hear about Dewi, such a beautiful boy.

LancashireLass
10-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Hi Nancy I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Dewi such a little cutie pie xxxx play well little man, and fingers crossed for a new litter, please keep us posted.

LL xxxxxxx

Artisans_uk
10-10-2015, 04:23 AM
Oh Nancy, I am so sorry to read about Dewi. What a horrid shock for you.

I really hope that a litter results with Lizinia but as you say, he lives on through his daughter. Such a handsome chap, he'll be missed.

RIP Dewi, run free at the bridge.
Hugs to you Nancy. x

kelza
10-10-2015, 06:19 AM
So sorry Nancy! He as such a handsome little man.

souffle
10-15-2015, 05:40 AM
So sorry for your loss. x
Play well at the bridge Dewi x

Pebbles82
10-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Play well little Dewi - so sorry for the loss Nancy. Nice that he will live on through his babies.

Josie
10-19-2015, 04:17 PM
So sad to hear about Dewi, he was such a handsome little boy, play well at the bridge Dewi x

Nancy's Hamsters
10-19-2015, 08:30 PM
TY everyone for the condolences. I am happy to say I had Dewi's son back and he is so much like Dewi I have decided his name will be Dewi II.