PDA

View Full Version : Hiddie holes

cookietiger
09-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Hi! My hamster loves tunnels and just generally little hidy holes. Would it be ok to give her an old beanie hat to hide in? Or would something be dangerous? I don't know but I don't want to risk it for the biscuit.

Penguin
09-20-2015, 08:05 AM
It would be okay as long as she doesnt chew it. If she chews is I wouldnt risk it.

also if it has holes in it you should make sure that they are large enough so that she wont have trouble and get stuck. (:

cypher
09-20-2015, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't risk it just in case she chews it or gets tangled up in any fibres, best to stick to things you know are safe like cardboard boxes or tubes, even a paper bag or things made out of safe wood.

racinghamster
09-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Hi cookietiger. As has been said, it`s not worth placing something like this inside the cage as small threads or fibres could cause issues with claws becoming caught or your hamster might find it chewable and ingest some of the threads. So no, I agree sticking to cardboard and paper products.

When I had my female Chinese hamster, I used an old pocket pouch to let her hop into to transfer her to my bed where she would spend ten minutes running up my trouser leg! But the pocket pouch was only used for this purpose and never left inside her cage. Pocket pouches or tubes made for small animals can be fine for them to play on/in while you are monitoring what she`s up to, but ever left unattended or inside the cage. x