PDA

View Full Version : How many hamsters have you owned in your life?

pophammy
11-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Just wondering what was the average amount of hams owned. I have owned 8 hams and had a litter of 10(2 of whom we kept).

nooboo
11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
problem is I went from someone who was used to other members of the family having them to the owner of 17!!

and considering I have had one unexpected pregnancy, and one serious injury I am starting to wonder if I deserve them at all

babyboos
11-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I haven't kept amazing records over all the years and often I seemed to have an endless hamster whom I know my parents replaced a few times without me realising but since I have noted them all down in my early teens I have had over 100 including rescues. Of course dwarf hamsters can live in colonies which has helped to increase the number considerably.

Emma
11-04-2005, 03:54 AM
I counted up to 17 hammies that I can definitely remember, and I *know* there were others....probably not too many more.

I've got serious want-more-hamsters disease at the moment.....

i-love-paddy
11-04-2005, 04:10 AM
I've had over 30. My first was Octavia when I was 14.

I plan to get more in January. I can't get enough of hamsters - they mean so much to me.

souffle
11-05-2005, 01:03 PM
My first was called Tiny when I was about 8 and looking back at some very dodgy old pics he was a poorly banded cinnamon. Needless to say I loved him to bits! At least I think it was a him as I was not very experienced then!!!!!!!!!