PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

Plush
03-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Hello everyone. I just joined. :D

I've been raising hamsters for around 10 years now. I currently have 7 hamsters.

2 dwarves Kit & Kat 3 months old

syrians:

Oreo - 4 1/2 years old

Harvey - 2 years old

Chip - 4-5 months

Daisy - 2 months old

Gus - 4 months old

Looking forward to interacting with all of you. :)

peanut25
03-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Welcome. I thought Hamsters only lived for about 3 years? Oreo is an old girl/boy, huh?

SnuggleHam
03-09-2005, 05:31 AM
Welcome Plush...

Wow you have a few hams on your hands! I wish I had more space because then I'd have my own hamstery :P I’m glad you joined us and I look forward to your participation here.

Peanut25, Some hamsters have been known to live as long as 5 years. I think that if they are good stock quality and come from good blood lines this is more likely. I was going to say they will live longer when cared for properly, but often we can care for them the best we possibly can but it may still die around 2 years. I think it really depends on the hamster and its blood line.

hammydude
03-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Welcome Plush. It seems you have quite a few hammies on your hands.I wish that I had the room for 7 hamsters.That would be awesome :!: :P :D :P :D

babyboos
03-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Thank you for joining us Plush, much appreciated, and taking the time to write a short introduction :P

Very pleased to have you as a member - look forward to seeing, and hearing more about your gang.

Though 1000 days is the average age span for a hamster they have been known to live as much as double this.