PDA

View Full Version : Detolf Idea!

Fizzgig
09-05-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm not that good at DIY but I was wondering if there was anyway you could attach a tube to a detolf tank! Whilst it had a lid on! Please help!
Thanks!:D

hamtarokid
04-09-2016, 04:53 AM
Could you attach the tube to the lid instead of to the tank itself? I don't really know what you want the tube to be doing though.

CMB
04-09-2016, 05:00 AM
I think you could attach a tube through a wire lid. Why would you want/need to. Isn't a detolf big enough already?

Cut a hole in the wire big enough for the tube to go through. You may have to fix the tube in place somehow.

Is the tube going to link the detolf to another cage?

You may be able to cut a hole in the wooden end of the detolf for a pipe.

Pebbles82
04-09-2016, 05:03 AM
I was wondering the same thing lol. I would think it would be difficult to attach one to the lid - and could leave sharp edges on the mesh or be a security risk (assume you have made a mesh lid for it). It could be possible to cut a hole in one of the wood ends and use those savic tube adapters to fit the hole - you'd need the right tools - maybe a jigsaw? and it to be the right size. I don't know how well that would work because I'm guessing the wood end is chipboard and could crumble a bit round the edges where cut, so that might not be that secure either.

What is the idea?!! Dying to know.

GhostsInSnow
04-09-2016, 05:31 AM
Not sure if it's big enough, depends how big your hammy is but you might be able to attach it through the light fitting hole?