PDA

View Full Version : squeaking?!

Jenni_08
03-28-2009, 01:06 AM
One of my hamsters keeps squeaking :shock: It's when the other one gets too close to her - they don't really fight but one goes a bit crazy when the other one goes up to her
They have a huge cage, with plenty of different sleeping areas, they never fight over the food bowl & I scatter feed treats - So why is she squeaking?!

hollynelson
03-28-2009, 10:10 AM
How long have you had them both? You say you have plenty of sleeping areas for them both, could it be that they are becoming territorial over their own specific areas? I think keeping dwarf species together can sometimes be a bit of a gamble and it won't always work out (as I found out). Ideally they shouldn't be in a cage with different levels as they may become territorial and fight with the other hamster. I would keep a close eye on them just in case they do decide to fight.

Holly xxx

Jenni_08
04-01-2009, 02:12 PM
They have been fighting & Lilly has a wound on her belly :cry:
I separated them last night but I don't know if I have done the right thing.

Should I try them in the hamster heaven cage?

Bunsey
04-02-2009, 04:16 AM
if you separated them last night then you can't put them back together. Just for future reference, the squeeking noise you describe is perfectly normal. As for the wound, well perhaps you were right to separate them if one is injured.