PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Taming my first hammie, WWR Sheldon

Katty_Sheldon
03-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Hello, i already introduced Sheldon in the newbies section:D now it will be about taming him...
he already eats from my hand, and he lets me pet him in cage while he is eating. He adores biting me, so i just try to keep my fingers away from his teeth for now! My soap is ok, so i guess it will pass in time. When i sat with him in the bathtub with his cage open, he just explored his hamster ball, bit my clothes a little (such a baby, just wants to eat everything) and then went back to his nest/house. He doesnt seem too scared of my hands for now, and i didnt chase him around except for once just a short time to put him in his ball. Now im waiting with the ball for him to get used to my hands first...
So wish me good luck:D update on progress as soon as it comes:D
Do you think he would forget me in two days? Ill be away for two days (family talking to him and feeding him), so im a little worried ill have to start all over again...
Thanks for help and tips on the forum

Katty_Sheldon
03-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Oh and beside the two-days question, i have another one: is there a sure way how to tell if the wwr is girl or a boy?? thanks:D

souffle
04-01-2009, 12:47 PM
He wont forget you Katty so don't worry. He sounds to be doing well. All ours do the nibbly, licking thing but never bite. They are just checking you out.
In the WIKI are some pics to help you sex your hamster. Males have a noticeable scent gland on the tummy and the two vents are further apart with fur in between them. Females have hardly any space between the two holes.