PDA

View Full Version : My baby elsa gone far to soon

alamaya
08-07-2015, 10:48 AM
My little Syrian elsa who I got in May.
She's gone

She hadn't moved all yesterday and I thought it was strange I knew a about hibernation so moved her to a warmer location on the off chance but I knew and this morning when I saw she hadn't moved. Her little foot still stretched out still.

How does a baby die this young :( I know hamsters only live a couple of years but 4 months ish is nothing. I hadn't even bonded properly with her. I can't bare to clean her cage as it still feels like she lives here.

I'm also sitting a friends dwarf Chinese and praying to god it doesn't die too. :(

My four year old doesn't understand and I'm so sad

I'm not sure I can do this again :(

:(

racinghamster
08-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Really sorry you have lost Elsa like this so soon, it`s terribly sad. Just a youngster. She may have acquired an acute illness alamaya or sometimes, even though you may not realise it, they can become stressed by handling or simple changes if they are still settling in. Hamsters can and do cope with small amounts of stress, but if they are exposed to things we might take for granted like noise, disturbance while sleeping, too much handling, their nest/cage being changed/cleaned or little things that don`t seem much to us, but can be to a small hamster.

It`s still a shock for you all the same. Children don`t understand, that`s the thing. You could say Elsa has gone to forever sleep and you can both visit her grave if you can find a nice garden spot you can both have together. x

cypher
08-07-2015, 11:38 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, young hamsters do sometimes die for reasons we can't always know or understand & it is a terrible shock.
Play well at the bridge little Elsa.

Piebald
08-07-2015, 11:56 PM
So sorry alamaya. That is too young but your sorrow speaks to the bond you already had and your fondness for her. Hamsters like any pet become part of the family and their loss is heartbreaking. If she had not brought you joy you would not feel the sorrow. Remember the happy times. RIP little one. Play well at the bridge. Xx

Thin Lizzy
08-09-2015, 03:12 AM
Such sad news about Elsa. I wish I could give you an answer to why this has happened. Sometimes they can become ill and deteriate fast without you noticing. Thinking of you xx

LancashireLass
08-09-2015, 11:26 AM
I'm so sorry about little Elsa I know by experience how hard it is to loose a Ham so young, my thoughts are with you.

J xxx

souffle
08-10-2015, 06:35 AM
So sorry for your loss.
We never really know why they go so young. It's often a result of poor breeding in the places that supply the pet shops. The babies can be born with something wrong inside like a faulty heart valve which suddenly just gives out. It's not the time in your life that matters but the life in your time and she had the best filled with love and caring.
Play well at the bridge Elsa xx

Josie
08-10-2015, 02:47 PM
So sorry about little Elsa, play well at the bridge little girl, remember the good times, are thoughts are with you xxxx