PDA

View Full Version : Christabel won a trophy at Bath Hamster Show!

i-love-paddy
10-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Its true- lovely rescue hammie Christabel won a trophy yesterday at the Bath show.She won me 1st in the Novice class. \:D/

Overall she had 83 points,coming 3rd in the patterened class, and she came 8th out of 147 hamsters!!!

I would have won another trophy with Gypsy,who was lying 1st in the Self class, but she lost 4 points for her show pen so came in 3rd(not amused)

But well done Christabel. We love you

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/maknowey12/DSC_0065.jpg

Ems x

babyboos
10-30-2005, 02:00 PM
My goodness 4 points is a lot Ems I am so sorry what was so bad?

Congratulations on your placings. It only gets better, especially when you win with babies you have bred yourself :oops: Keep up the good work.

flogging_molly
10-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Aww well done Christabel

i-love-paddy
10-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Gypsy's cage was a bit rusty :roll:

It was hard because I was watching her being judged and they started by praising her then said 'take off 4 points' and I went bright red and had to walk off!!!

After the show we were told they are 'cracking'down on poor show pens with the max deduction being 5 points. I brought a new pen but at £8.50 each couldnt buy alot so will be nipping down B&Q to get some gloss paints. :wink:

BTW Tony brought me an umbrous golden female(banded) We have called her Delilah

nooboo
10-30-2005, 03:02 PM
sounds like it was great fun, shame they were so harsh about the cage still you have tons of winners you should feel really proud

babyboos
10-30-2005, 03:31 PM
gosh 4 points is very harsh. Well you get the cage pristine and next time I bet you get another first - go girl :wink:

Emma
10-31-2005, 04:51 AM
Congratulations! I couldn't make it along in the end - we had too much to do and I couldn't fit it in :( I'd planned on entering Phoebe in the pet section. Probably just as well because I've had "must get another hamster!!" syndrome a lot lately and the sales table would have been tempting!

Well done Christabel and Gypsy!

pophammy
10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Congradulations to Christabel and Gypsy! It gives you a real thrill to win your first first! Hopefully it will be the first of many! :lol: :P :lol: