PDA

View Full Version : Is my robo too old to get her a cage mate?

xJordi_Babiiex
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I bought a robo hamster on monday she is 4 n a half months old and i want to get her a cage mate... is she too old will they get along if i introduce them properly?

Bunsey
03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
she's too old. i'd say she's about the worst age to try an intro to be honest. She'll be happy enough on her own with plenty of toys and attention :)

Ness
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
to be honest it depends on your current robo, is she is tame and eating and sleeping well i wouldnt worry about it. introducing a cage mate could change these behavours.

you have to think of it this way: if she doesnt get along with her new cage mate will you beable to provide another cage is needed?

also there are extra costs in toys and foods to think bout.

it is partly about what age the current hamster (robo) you are getting is and whether it is a pet shop robo or not, i have had trouble introducing pet shop robos to another robo before.

xJordi_Babiiex
03-18-2009, 12:14 PM
I got her from the adoption bit in pets at home so i would be getting another hamster from pets at home.... she eats and drinks great... she runs around in hercage and plays although she never seems to go on her wheel.... shes not tame because of her speed i find it hard to get hold of her but she sometimes comes to sniff my hand

Ness
03-22-2009, 03:44 PM
I would work on taming her really.

I find that it hard introducing pet shop hamsters to each other, i find they tend to fall out sooner or later.

Bunsey
03-22-2009, 06:53 PM
what kind of wheel do you have for her? It seems odd that a robo wouldn't use their wheel, unless it wasn't suitable for some reason.