PDA

View Full Version : Nancy's DIY nail filing Bridge/Tunnels

Nancy's Hamsters
05-18-2015, 07:54 PM
OK I want honest opinions on these as I am thinking of making some to sell. So far I have tested them with 4 Roborovski's(friends of mine not mine), 3 Hybrid WW's, and 3 Syrian Hamsters.

NONE even tried to chew or destroy them and when I set one outside to air out I forgot it and it rained and the moisture created a interesting Dwarf size Tube which Bolt adores and will be going with him when he goes to his new home on Thursday.

They are made from cardboard which has been coated with non toxic paint and play sand to give the outside a sanding like effect as the Hamsters play on them.

These two are proto types and one change will be the inside will also be coated with the play sand as that makes them quite water proof. I can make any type designs and any color that the non toxic paint comes in for colors. If I get enough interest in them I will take a few orders to assure they are done in a goodly amount of time and they can be shipped in the USA very easily. At this time I am just seeking your questions and critiques on them.
Here is Faith using the Stain Glass pattern Bridge
Here is an Anophthalmic White pup and her sister(not related but weaned together) Harmony with the same bridge before it went to Faith.

Here are two pics of the bridges before any Hamsters got to enjoy them
Sand Stone Pattern
Stain Glass Pattern

I still have the Sand Stone pattern Bridge and it has survived many months and uses by many hamsters.
Thanks in advance

Erin.R
05-18-2015, 08:32 PM
These are really neat! I like bright colors so of course the stain glass one is my favorite. That is really a awesome idea of helping to keep their nails trim and they bring different colors or patterns to a cage/bin. I don't know about others but I like to have bright pretty things in their cages that are also interesting to the hams. Great Job, wish I were more inventive:)

BluerayDarkes
05-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Those are great :D

cypher
05-18-2015, 11:43 PM
Really good idea Nancy & they look great too.

Shannonmcn
05-19-2015, 02:11 AM
Looks like an excellent idea to me! I think that's something that would appeal to a lot of people, especially if you got the price point right :)

Pebbles82
05-19-2015, 02:13 AM
I love them! You are clever.

DrKMcK
05-19-2015, 04:20 AM
**waving hands** Me, me, me. What a nifty idea! I love the stained glass one. I'd definitely want one if you are making them to sell Nancy. :-)

Coco61
05-20-2015, 02:04 PM
These look really good Nancy - honestly. As a new owner one of the things I am unsure about is how to keep my little one's nails in good condition. When we had a guinea pig I did not mind trimming his nails but a squirming hammy is a different matter.
Therefore a cheerful and inexpensive item has real appeal I would have thought. There is very little out there to help and also to avoid a vet bill for trimming.

RubyDG
05-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Ooooooh me want! :P

BluerayDarkes
05-20-2015, 02:23 PM
TAKE MY MONEY! xD I would love one of those tunnels! CoCo is right about squirmy hamsters, I wouldn't feel confident clipping their nails specially the small ones. They all have a baked stone to climb on to try and keep their nails short.