PDA

View Full Version : Poor Dave

horseyhammygirl
05-02-2015, 08:29 AM
My brother's Syrian hamster, Dave, sadly passed away I the night. We have no idea how it happened. Poor poor Dave. We will sorely miss him and hope his life shall be good in heaven.:cry:

Thin Lizzy
05-02-2015, 09:50 PM
So sorry to hear about your brother's hamster Dave. It's hard when they pass away and harder when you don't know why. Dave's in hamster heaven and will be looked after.
How old was he? He looks young in the pic.

horseyhammygirl
05-03-2015, 12:55 AM
He WAS young! Only 6 months!! I dont understand it. He was a brilliant pet and his death was so unexpected. At least my Smudge is still alive. Love you Dave.:cry:

Piebald
05-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Xx you will probably never know what happened sadly. Being so small and short lived hamsters can have congenital problems that manifest quickly and are impossible to treat. Try to be glad for the time you had together and know that he was blessed to have your love, and you, his. Play well at the bridge lovely little Dave.

Pebbles82
05-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Oh that is so sad - I am sorry. As the others say he may have been born with some congenital problem. It must have been quite a shock for your brother.

horseyhammygirl
05-03-2015, 03:47 AM
He was incredibly upset and it was his first hamster too. We will miss Dave. His racing up the stairs, climbing up the bars, monkey barring, jumping in his hammock, rushing to the cage door as it was opened...what on earth could have killed that happy, healthy bundle of life? He sas such a special hamster who was laid back and if you picked him up in the wrong place and it hurt him, he wouldn't bite, or show any bad feelings towards us, he'd just wriggle free and allow us to try again. If only we could try again with his life.

BluerayDarkes
05-03-2015, 05:08 AM
Picked him up in the wrong place and it hurt? Sounds like something may have been wrong internally. Sorry for your brother's loss, its always sad to lose a pet specially a first one.

cypher
05-03-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, it is really hard when young ones die so unexpectedly, sometimes we just can't know what happened. His life may have been way too short but it does sound as though it was a happy one.
Play well at the bridge little Dave.

Josie
05-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Play well at the bridge little Dave, it is always sad when we loss a pet x

DrKMcK
05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
How sad to lose Dave so young. But, as others have said, it isn't always easy to know why or what happened. Give your brother time. The death of a pet can hurt a lot. I am so sorry you and your brother lost Dave. Play well at the Rainbow Bridge little guy. Your family is missing you. :-(

horseyhammygirl
05-14-2015, 11:07 AM
Thanks guys. He's getting over his loss now with the help of new hamster, Harry. R.I.P Dave. You shall live in our hearts forever.

Pebbles82
05-14-2015, 12:17 PM
What kind of Hamster is Harry? (Apart from being a boy I guess :rolleyes:) Looking forward to photos!

horseyhammygirl
05-25-2015, 01:26 AM
He's a kind of ivory coloured male syrian. He is really cute, and when I first held him I was so shocked at his size! It's so weird, thinking that once my baby Smudge was that small!!!

pumpkin123
05-25-2015, 05:00 AM
Sorry to hear your loss. He sounded such a nice and cute hamster!! He will be missed but is climbing and chewing under the rainbow bridge now :)

Baby Grrr
05-25-2015, 06:29 AM
Awww he looked so much like a sweet heart

souffle
05-26-2015, 03:15 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He was taken too soon :(
Play well at the bridge Dave x

henrythefish
05-26-2015, 04:15 AM
Hello. Dave was mine and again, will be sorely missed. Play nicely, Dave - no biting!

Piebald
05-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Sorry for your loss Henry. Xx