PDA

View Full Version : New roboz :D

Syrian Samina
02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I've alreayd got a lovely syrian but I've wanted a set of robos for ages. So today I bought two and put them in the spare cage I had. But I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints and tips or do's and dont's for them? What are the magor differences between them and syrians?

Syrian Samina
02-07-2009, 08:38 AM
also I was wondering what is the best cage for robos I know not to get one with tubes and all that but what would you recommend? (if preferable a link to the sites as there ant any pet shops in Wales :( )

Also iv named them now there 2 boys ones called chilly and the other is gizmo :mrgreen: il try get a few photos of them up soon but I wont to leave them be for a few days to settle in

Ness
02-08-2009, 06:17 AM
on the cage, it depends on what size space you have, it tends to be better to have a plastic tank type cage such as a gabber rex.

they need two wheels.

donts: dont let them run around too freely because they can just vanish some where, unlike syrians.
dont put food in a food bowl as it can cause fighting.

dos:
they love Sand baths you can use kitten bowls and put sand in them.

theres more things but my brain has gone on me atm, too much uni work I think :mrgreen:

Syrian Samina
02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks a lot ness iv been wondering about the sand baths.
Strange question but do you live in halls for uni with your hamsters?

hammie_mom
02-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Congrats on Chilly and Gizmo! :D
I love Robos! They are amazing little creatures! I agree, two wheels are a great idea! Mine usually use one together, but occasionally they each use one...this will reduce the chance for fighting. Also, use caution when handling them...they are really fast and can jump!

I have mine in storage bin cage I made myself. It's filled with a ton of toys and things for them to chew on.

I would say to just keep an eye on them for fighting. I recently had to split 2 of my girls because one had bitten her sister and she is missing hair from her buttock area! She is fine, just needed some antibiotic ointment, but keep a close eye on them because you never know! I have 4 female robos, 2 robos in one cage and now 2 separate cages since the fight.

Good luck!

Syrian Samina
02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the tips :D I hope shes ok :(
I have noticed gizmo is a bit bigger ands shyer then chilly. But chilly will walk into your hand and stand there quit happily. But yer they will go in the same wheel quit often and in the 4 days today is the only day they acutely have slept together in there dust bath there new cage in in the post i dont know what it is thaw as my girlfriend sent away for it so il find out when i get home.

Ness
02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
oh the uni thing, i privatly rent a flat :) doubt i would be able to have hamster well as many as i do otherwise.

hope your new cage is working out.

they are just getting use to things it tends to take a few weeks for them to settle down :D