PDA

View Full Version : Help?

EmilyS_79
04-08-2015, 07:39 AM
So, as a few of you know, I have 11 hamsters. I have 7 Sable Banded LH Syrians, 1 Cinnamon Banded LH Syrian, 1 Mink Banded LH, 1 Argente Hybrid and 1 Sapphire-Type Hybrid. I have wheels for the dwarf hamsters but I can't seem to figure out how to fit a wheel that is at least 11 inches in the cages. All of my Syrians have 20 gallon long tanks and they have the Petco brand mesh lid for tanks. I don't want to cut them up but I need help on how to fit them in the cage. I don't have the ability to get a tank topper because all of my Syrians have chewed the lip in there aquariums that the tank toppers sit on (they are little stink butts, I know) I have all 9 12 inch silent spinners ready to go in their cages but I can't put them in because they don't fit. Also, I can't leave the top off because my hamsters climb their water bottle holders and they can escape. They will also climb up the backside of the wheel and they will get up that way. Do the 11 inch wodent wheels fit inside a 20 gallon long tank with the lid on? Thanks.

(I don't really know where to put this because it falls along the lines of housing and diy. Because I want to know if there are any DIYs that I can do to make the wheels fit.)

velma
04-08-2015, 01:59 PM
I know the 12"spinners are very tall on their stands & I couldn't fit one in my tank, which is this Hamster Cages: great selection at zooplus: Small Pet Terrarium Kerry (http://t.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/219419) but I can fit a senior wodent wheel in. I'm not sure how that compares to the measurements of a 20gallon tank but might help you compare the two.

Piebald
04-08-2015, 10:49 PM
How about some pics Emily so we can see the problem. I'm sure Serendipity at least can come up with a suggestion:) and I'll try too.