PDA

View Full Version : WHY? attempted account hacker

Dapickle
03-25-2015, 07:10 AM
Got an email saying someone has attempted to gain access to my account on here several times... A. STOP IT! and B. WHY? It's a forum about hamsters... what possible benefit would you gain from accessing my account?

Artisans_uk
03-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Got an email saying someone has attempted to gain access to my account on here several times... A. STOP IT! and B. WHY? It's a forum about hamsters... what possible benefit would you gain from accessing my account?

Hi Dipickle - please see the quote from souffle, one of the moderators from the thread I have linked:-

The place they are coming from has been reported as a spam site. The chances of them getting your password in 5 attempts is virtually nil. Admin is working on the issue to try and stop the spammers. If you report the Private message we can look at the IP address that is trying to do this and ban it. Bear with us and it will be sorted.

It is from this thread:-

Other hacking thread (http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/announcements-bug-corner/58175-someone-trying-access-my-hc-account.html)