PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Joey :(

Bazinga
03-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Sadly, my beloved Joey ham crossed over to the rainbow bridge just over 2 weeks ago. It all happened so quickly. We took him to the vets on the Wednesday due to conjunctivitus that he had and i suspected an infection. The vet had told us it was likely he had an ear infection which caused him not being able to balance correctly all the time, and the conjunctivitis was due to him not being able to clean himself properly due to infection. So the vet had prescribed baytril and cream for his eyes. We had been using a sailine solution before too.. The vet wanted to see Joey on Friday morning. There wasn't really an improvement by Thursday and on that night i felt he was passing away. I stayed up with him for hours, and he didn't pass. He was still fighting. First thing Friday morning we rushed him to the vets. It wasn't good news, the vet had noticed a tumor or inflamed kidney that wasn't there before and it was causing him pain. There was no other option but to have my dear Joey put to rest.
I'll always remember my funny little man, joey was the kindest most calm hamster i've ever owned. So laid back and gentle and had such a loving personality. Joey never failed to cheer me up and was such a great little hamster. My heart ham. We all miss Joey so much and wish he was still here. But he's no longer in pain, which can only be a good thing. He was only 14/15 Months old. R.I.P Joey (27-12-13 -27-2-15) I miss you.

Baby Grrr
03-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Thats so sad. Honestly I think loseing a pet is sadder than loseing a person. I'm sure he was a good hamster. Play with Teddy Bear. xx

Thin Lizzy
03-15-2015, 10:45 PM
So sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing your pet,Joey was a truly wonderful hammie and you both gave each other a lot of joy and unconditional love. Such beautiful pics of Joey, My fave is the 3rd pic of his adorable face in the tube.
RIP Joey and Sweet Dreams xx

cypher
03-16-2015, 12:09 AM
So sorry for your loss, Joey was a lovely little guy & I can imagine how much you must miss him.
Lovely pictures, I'm sure he's left you with many happy memories.
Play well at the bridge Joeey

Willow Wisp
03-16-2015, 01:41 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss, Joey was a really beautiful little guy who has left you with beautiful memories of your short time together.
Play well at the bridge Joey x

souffle
03-16-2015, 05:07 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge Joey x

racinghamster
03-16-2015, 07:40 AM
Very sad to hear you lost Joey Bazinga. You gave him peace and he`s at rest now. x

Bazinga
03-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Thank you very much everyone, it's such a sad loss and i miss him so much.

Josie
03-16-2015, 04:37 PM
So sorry for your loss, Joey was a very handsome little boy, loved the pictures, play well at the bridge Joey you are in our thoughts xxxx