PDA

View Full Version : My new hams at last!

leafpool14
01-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey guys! I got my dwarf campbells on saturday, they are so adorable. One is a sandy colour called Bibi, and the other is grey spotted and named Lispy (name of lioness sisters off Big Cat Live/Diary)
I went onto amazon and bought myself some powder sand specially made for hamsters and gerbils and wanted advise on whether its better or the same as chinchilla sand, heres the pic http://www.f3images.com/IMD/250/IL60412/IL60412_99.jpg

:D Leafpool

souffle
01-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Congrats on the new additions leafpool.
I think the litter is fine for potties but you may find they do not bathe in this as much as the chinchilla sand. It is more like fine cat litter, sort of granules than sand.
Should do the job though.

chase
01-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Congratulations on your new hamsters. :D That sand will be fine I'm sure but I try & buy a big bag of chinchilla sand as a bit cheaper & all my Dwarf Hammies love it. :D

haziebabie
01-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Your new additions sound adorable!!

I got mine sandbaths last week using chinch sand. Although they prefer to play in it than pee in it!

leafpool14
01-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks! the sand and ceramic bowl arrived today so I will try it out later tonight, will post how it got on and whether they took a liking to it :wink:

loyal_tree
01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Congrats on your new little ones! I like their names too btw ;) I have seen that bath powder around and avoided it because of the "powder" factor. I thought it might be too dusty, so I am curious as to how it works out for you.