PDA

View Full Version : Pippin

corrieberry
02-22-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm shocked and a little devastated to have to write this post. We returned from a holiday to find that Pippin had passed at some point during the final night we were away. My god-sister had been staying and looking after him, and had had him out the night before. He had, according to her, seemed fine.

We'd had him for exactly one year to the day. I don't know how to really write any more from here, I don't know what happened, I can't afford an autopsy and I feel very sad that I didn't get to spend time with him the last few days of his life.

Pippin was my therapy hamster, my heart ham, the little guy that put a smile on my face during one of the roughest years of my life. I'll miss him, and so will all the people who had the chance to hang out with him here.

So long, Pipski. Look after your babies, say hi to Twitch and all those who have gone before and after him, and know that you were cherished.

cypher
02-22-2015, 11:56 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how precious they can be especially when they help us through the hard times & this must have been a terrible shock, it's hard to accept that sometimes this just happens even with the best possible care & we can never know why.
You don't need to say more to make it clear just how much you loved him & what a special ham he was.
Thinking of you.
Run free & play well at the bridge little Pippin.

Thin Lizzy
02-23-2015, 12:22 AM
So sad to read this, my heart goes out to you.
I know how much you loved and adored Pippin.
Sending you big hugs xxx
RIP Pippin xxx

Willow Wisp
02-23-2015, 12:47 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
I know how hard this must be for you, and how you will greatly mourn his loss but rest assured Pippin is at peace, you don't need an autopsy to know this.
Play well at the bridge little one x

AmyHague
02-23-2015, 03:55 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Corrie, I know how much pippin meant to you.
Sending big hugs.
Play well at the bridge little guy xxxx

souffle
02-23-2015, 04:00 AM
I am so very sorry corrieberry for your loss. It is even harder to lose a heartham. He was loved and treasured and sometimes there is no reason for them leaving us earlier than we would ever wish for. It is nobodies fault but your love went with him and it sounds as if he stepped over quickly and gently. Look back and smile at the memories he left you with - he would want that x
Fly free on angel wings Pippin x

Bec
02-24-2015, 01:31 PM
I am so terribly sorry for your loss Corrieberry. Thinking about you during this difficult time.

Run free little fluff x

DrKMcK
02-24-2015, 07:35 PM
Oh, this is so sad to see Corrieberrie. Poor little Pippin. It is such a shame he went so young. It is so hard to lose them. Every time i do a cross stitch work using your patterns I will think of your Pippin and your other hammies. {hugs} Play well at the Bridge Pippin. :-(

Colby and the Dwarfs
02-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Oh Corrie. I'm so sorry. DM me if you need to talk, okay? RIP little Pippin, you're already missed<3

Baby Grrr
02-25-2015, 02:21 PM
So sad to hear but I'm sure he's in a new wonderful place. Run free Pippin xx

manders31
02-27-2015, 12:08 AM
So sorry for your loss.

hayleyb
02-27-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Pippin :( hamsers are amazing and serve to help us through rubbish times, it's only positive that you were able to give him a happy home for the time he was around :)