PDA

View Full Version : RIP Baby Spencer

GreyHamster
02-12-2015, 05:15 PM
I found out that my little baby Spencer (about 6 months old at that time) had pneumonia on Monday. The vet had injected some fluids into her (because she was severely dehydrated) and so she seemed a lot better, but I woke up the next day and saw that she could barely move. A lot of things happened during this day, but I will spare you the details. I spent all day holding her, trying to give her water, and she just lied there sleeping in my hand, sometimes waking up. She was always a somewhat plump hammy, and she was so thin that day, the vet said she had lost 37 grams, she was just a little dwarf hamster. Her cheek pockets didn't have any food in them, she hadn't been eating for the past couple of days. I just held her while she slept for the entire day, telling her that I loved her, and at approximately 7:03 that day, she passed away in my hands. I miss her so much, I dream about her, I cry a lot. She was my first pet, because my dad is allergic to fur, and she was small enough that he wouldn't react. She used to sleep in my hands all the time, and she was so trusting, she never bit anyone, unlike a lot of Russian dwarfs. She was like my baby, I loved her more than anything, and I just can't accept the fact that she is gone. But I don't think that her spirit is gone. I think the hamster gods (maybe there is one) decided that she didn't deserve to die so early, and put her spirit in another hamster body. I just hope that when I decide to get another hamster that she is the spirit inside of the little thing.

lady jocardi
02-15-2015, 04:50 PM
So sorry little Spencer is no longer with you.... he will always be in yr heart. Big hugs xx

Thin Lizzy
02-16-2015, 12:29 AM
Such sad news about Spencer, so sorry for your loss.
I'm so glad you were with her right till the end. You gave her unconditional love and happiness in her short life. My heart goes out to you!
Sending big hugs to you.
RIP Spencer taken too soon xx

cypher
02-16-2015, 12:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss GreyHamster it's always so hard when they get sick, especially so young & there is little we can do for them. You did all you could for your little baby Spencer & you were there for her right up until the end & I'm sure she knew & appreciated how much she was loved.
They never really go, they just live on in our hearts.
Run free & play well at the bridge little baby Spencer.

Willow Wisp
02-16-2015, 01:46 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss, Spencer will be forever in your heart.
Play well at the bridge little one x

CPalmer
02-16-2015, 04:27 AM
Sorry to read this. You must have had a wonderful bond for her to trust you so completely to sleep in your hands. Hold on to your belief that her spirit lives on.

Skyblue2001
02-17-2015, 12:57 AM
so sorry for your loss,i just lost my third hamster tonight ,play well at the bridge Baby Spencer

souffle
02-19-2015, 09:05 AM
I am so sorry you lost her so young. :(
Play well at the bridge Spencer x