PDA

View Full Version : Chinchilla Bath Sand?

hammie_mom
01-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Since I am a new Robo owner I wondered if this was an ok product to use? It's Chinchilla Bath Sand by Super Pet. (I did not give this to them yet...waiting for expert answers!!)
I just want my lil ones to be happy!

Thank you in advance for your help!

cornishrobos
01-18-2009, 04:57 AM
Hi there, yeah that is fine to use, as long as it's SAND and not DUST. Dust can be dangerous to hammies if inhaled. I use Charlie Chinchilla Sand for mine, not sure if that's available over there!!

Mine love to roll around in it, I also use mine in there toilets!

souffle
01-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Yes as long as it is sand it will be fine. When you open it feel it to see it feels a bit like fine beach sand and not powdery like flour.

hammie_mom
01-19-2009, 10:38 AM
hi thanks for your help! The girls seem to really like it, as well as my 2 Campbells. :)

loyal_tree
01-31-2009, 04:20 PM
That's the same sand I give all of my hams. I am going to switch to Charlie Chinchilla (like cornishrobos mentioned) though as it comes in bigger portions instead of those little pouches. It's a better deal too. It is hard to find and the only place I could find it was on Amazon.com. They come in 64oz containers. :D

hammie_mom
02-04-2009, 08:46 AM
ok, maybe I will try that kind. They really don't seem to use it for it's intended purpose...LOL! I think they use it as their potty! Oh well....whatever makes them happy I guess :D

loyal_tree
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
My Robos and my Campbell's use it "dual purpose" :wink: Potty and a bath somehow all in one!