PDA

View Full Version : Sleep tight Wilbur xx

icklemunch
02-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Princess Wilbur we will miss you xx

Wilbur came into my life in June 2013 aged around 8 months. My very first Robo. You was sat all alone in the adoptions at pets at home and i couldn't resist your gorgeous face and round squishy body.

It was all abit uplanned so for the first week you lived in a mini duna. That soon changed,you started off my obsession with cage extending. Your new palace was two Zoozones attatched via a tube in the base. You adored it, and used every single CM of space. I was well aware Robo's where more of a 'look,don't touch' hamster, how you proved that statement wrong. So friendly, though rather speedy :). You loved the playpen and spent hours zooming round all the toys and hunting out the mealworms. You were such a character and made me laugh every day. A very special girl and a little loon. You lost your leg and we still don't know how but it never stopped you. A little trooper!

Old age caught up with you (29 months), and about 3 weeks ago you stopped using your wheel, but was still pottering about enjoying being spoilt with all your favourite treats and baby food. Last night you hadn't eaten your cucumber and i knew it wasn't long now. Being the fighter you was, you still wouldn't give up so we took you to the vets this afternoon for a final goodbye....

Sleep tight Princess Wilbs we love you xxxx

PS i am using my new phone but here is her thread if you would like to see pics http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/dwarf-roborovskis-hamster/42235-wilbur-12.html.

cypher
02-08-2015, 08:33 AM
A lovely tribute to your wonderful Princess Wilbur, she had a wonderful life with you & you two were obviously meant for each other!
I've just been right through her thread & it's easy to see what a very special ham she was, I know you will miss her so much but I'm sure you must have so many happy memories, she may have been tiny in size but she was very big in character!

Play well little one.

Hams4me
02-08-2015, 10:49 AM
So sorry to hear this sleep tight wilbur xxx

leiathehamster
02-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Oh no! RIP Wilbur, I hope you're having fun over the rainbow bridge! <3 xxx

Bec
02-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Beautiful memorial for Princess Wilbur, a truely loved and cared for fluff, who had a wonderful life with you.

Sleep well little one xx

ANGELBABIES
02-08-2015, 11:34 AM
So sorry Ickle on the loss of a much loved little fluff. You did the right thing by her. Play well at the Bridge sweet little Princess Wilbur xxx

DrKMcK
02-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Oh no! Icklemunch I am so very sorry to see this. I just popped on now and saw the posting. I still remember when "he" became "she" and Wilber became Princess Wilber. I know you must be devastated. You were so entranced with Princess Wilber, and so happy that she was a friendly, social little fluff. She had a grand life with you and was so well loved. A happy little HC hammy. My sympathy for your loss of this very special girl. {hugs} Play well at the Rainbow Bridge little Princess. :-D

Thin Lizzy
02-08-2015, 10:57 PM
A very heartfelt tribute to Princess Wilbur.
You gave her so much love and care, a wonderful home and life.
RIP Princess Wilbur xxx

Willow Wisp
02-09-2015, 02:47 AM
A lovely memorial for little Princess Wilbur.
I'm sure she knew how much you loved and cared for her, and how strong you were to make the right decision for her when it needed to be made.
Play well at the bridge little one x

icklemunch
02-09-2015, 03:41 AM
Thank you so much for all your lovely messages.

So strange only cutting up 6 instead of 7 hamster sized pieces of veg. She will be very much missed.

racinghamster
02-09-2015, 04:39 AM
Goodnight Wilbur, we will all be that bit sadder without you on HC. x

souffle
02-09-2015, 05:21 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of Wilber's passing. She was such a charmer and much loved x
Play well at the bridge Wilber x

Truffle
02-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Aw, I am so sorry Icklemunch that you have lost your beautiful princesses Wilbur... She was truly loved and clearly had a wonderful life.

She had a very special relationship with you and I can imagine just how much you will miss her.

Sleep tight little one xx

icklemunch
02-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Thanks again for all the lovely words xx

Flamestriker
02-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Aww no...poor Wilbur!

Sorry for your loss Icklemunch :(

fluffydd
02-17-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm so sorry that Wilbur has left you. She was such a wonderful little girl, who was much bigger than her size. I still think fondly of her running in the big wodent wheel. Hugs xx

Munchalot
02-23-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm so, so sorry Ickle. :( Wilbur was such a special little fluff and one we all loved here at HC. I'm sorry I hadn't seen this sooner, but I've been inactive for a little while.
She was a little soldier and a true heartham, and her precious little face melted me with every photo. This little girl had such an amazing life with you, and was loved so dearly, I'm so sorry she had to leave.

Sleep tight Wilbs xxx