PDA

View Full Version : RIP my little Max

penggyrue
02-08-2015, 03:46 AM
My hamster Max died today.. I think it was because of his cheek infection.. I was supposed to bring him to the vet tomorrow to get the pus taken out but unfortunately he didn't make it :( He had been fighting hard for a week (the vet had me put him on antibiotics) so I hope he is no longer suffering now.

He taught me how to love a pet, how to make sacrifices and how to grieve.. I would've done anything for him to get cured but he didnt make it. I got him in Dec 2013 and I only had him for a bit more than a year. Though it was short, I had the best moments with Max.. I hope he was happy with me.. I could've been a better mommy to him but I failed :'(

Rest in peace, little Max. Now you can have all the food you want, make lots of friends, play on a giant wheel (bet you'd love this, Max!) and play with as much toilet paper roll as you want.
You took a part of my heart with you when you left, Max. But Turbo (my other hamster who lives with Max) and me will stay strong for you :)

Goodbye, Max. I will never stop loving you :)

cypher
02-08-2015, 04:09 AM
I'm so sorry little Max didn't make it, I'm sure you were a great hamster mommy & you did you're very best for him, they are so tiny they often fail to fight infections in spite of all our efforts & treatment by the vet so please try not to be too hard on yourself.
You clearly loved him very much & gave him a good life while he was with you & I'm sure he would have appreciated all you did for him.

Run free & play well at the bridge little Max.

Thin Lizzy
02-08-2015, 05:18 AM
Such sad news about Max.
I will not have you blaming yourself, you gave him unconditional love and care, you took him to the vet and you gave him his antibiotics. We all wish we could cure our hammies when they fall ill.
He's at peace now. You have so many memories of Max, you could make a little box with some of his favourite things, photos and a letter.This can help with grieving.
My thoughts are with you and Turbo.
RIP Max sweet dreams xx

Willow Wisp
02-08-2015, 05:29 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss.
You did everything you could for Max, I'm so sorry the antibiotics didn't help cure him.
Play well at the bridge little one x

Josie
02-08-2015, 03:46 PM
So sorry for your loss, you did what you could for Max, it is always so sad when we lose our little hammies, go in peace Max, play well at the bridge little one you are in the memories of those who loved you the most x

Josie, Daisy and Clover playing at the bridge Always loved, never forgotten

souffle
02-09-2015, 05:19 AM
I am so very sorry. He knew you tried your best for him but sometimes it is their time to be called and nothing can be done.
Play well at the bridge Max - you will be much missed x

penggyrue
02-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I am still missing Max everyday but at least I can finally look through his photos without feeling devastated:)

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/1200x/35/2e/f2/352ef246f802378fd6118db2273e6983.jpg
Max, back when he was healthy and busy being a naughty little hammy <3

Thin Lizzy
02-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Aww what a handsome boy! Max looks so happy & very cute!
A beautiful hammie xx