PDA

View Full Version : cages

candice clews
02-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Hello i was wondering what people reccomend as a good cage for a syrian hamster, she is 1 and very bouncy , so she needs a lot of room if possible

crazyc4tlady
02-04-2015, 02:46 PM
I'd recommend the Alaska cage from zooplus! You can really change it around and make it fun, they have a good amount of space to run about too :)

aneta
02-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Alaska is cheaper (around €50). But it has just one small level. I would recommend Alexander cage. It's slightly bigger. And it has nice big level. And 3 hideouts but it's €99.90 on zooplus. It was the best purchase for me and my syrian :) do lots of research before you will buy anything :)
Good luck :D

Shannonmcn
02-04-2015, 03:37 PM
For the amount of space you get an IKEA detolf (it's 1600x40cm if I recall) hack is the best value (if you have an IKEA near you) . There are YouTube videos on setups and how to make a simple lid (definitely required for a syrian). There's minor DIY required with some wood and mesh but if I had the space that's what I'd have. I have a Hamster Heaven (80x50cm) which is okay but the Alaska (80x50 I think) and Alexander (100cm) are better value for the size, the only advantage is the tubes which mean it's extendable and you get a good few accessories with it. The Mamble 100 is a 100x50cm cage and it's only £40 but its v tall and I've reconsidered getting one due to the extra hammocks and shelves you need to buy separately to prevent falls which eats into the money you save.

There is a whole section on cage reviews on the forum, I would also say to do a lot of reading before you make a decision. It'll save you money and fuss in the long run :) I ended up spending a lot more money than I needed to by rushing!

Gatsby
02-04-2015, 04:22 PM
I've gone for a Barney from zooplus for Odin as he has just been in the taming cage so time for him to get a new house, they are selling for £49 just now

In was looking into the Alaska but from some of the YouTube video they say there's some weird sized gap on the corners of cage and the bars are a little flesh, that's the only negative I've come across, everyone seems happy with them

candice clews
02-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Thanks all