PDA

View Full Version : Video of Toby's Tank

Candra_Faulkner
01-25-2015, 02:21 PM
This is a quick video I made last night of Toby running on his new
12" Silent Spinner and the rest of his tank. lots of DIY in there.

VIDEO LINK
http://vid904.photobucket.com/albums/ac243/Ravenstar_01/M4H03313.mp4

Gatsby
01-25-2015, 02:24 PM
How olds the spinner?

velma
01-25-2015, 02:40 PM
Sweet! What tank do you have him in?

Candra_Faulkner
01-25-2015, 09:29 PM
The Silent Spinner is new , he's only had it for about a week and half...
and the tank I have him in is a All Living ThingsŪ Reptile Terrarium from Petsmart. Its dimensions are 36"L x 18"W x 16"H ; it weighs 44lbs on its own.

Thin Lizzy
01-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Aww Toby is so fluffy and handsome!

velma
01-26-2015, 03:28 AM
Thank you :)

Gatsby
01-26-2015, 04:18 AM
The Silent Spinner is new , he's only had it for about a week and half...
and the tank I have him in is a All Living ThingsŪ Reptile Terrarium from Petsmart. Its dimensions are 36"L x 18"W x 16"H ; it weighs 44lbs on its own.

Is it just the video? I would of thought it would run a bit quieter than that, i don't mean to seem rude. How loud is it in person?

Candra_Faulkner
01-26-2015, 10:33 AM
I think it's just because I was right up close with my camera, ha ha. If I'm over on my bed or on my computer, I can just barely hear it at all. And when I'm asleep of course, I hear nothing :D I think the microphone on my camera is just super sensitive.

Candra_Faulkner
01-26-2015, 10:34 AM
And thank you Thin Lizzy, :D he is super fluffy and handsome.
His bum wiggles when he runs it's so cute, ha ha

Thin Lizzy
01-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Yes I noticed the wiggle when he was on his wheel which makes him even more handsome.

Gatsby
01-27-2015, 05:06 AM
I think it's just because I was right up close with my camera, ha ha. If I'm over on my bed or on my computer, I can just barely hear it at all. And when I'm asleep of course, I hear nothing :D I think the microphone on my camera is just super sensitive.

Yeah I seen that once you took the camera outside. The noise must be reverberating inside. In was going to suggest you could put a thicker grease in the bearings. I could do with doing that with my wooden wonderland wheel as its too fast, my hammy does not seem to like it as it swings too much, noise is fine though, I'm not sure if they can be taken apart tho

Candra_Faulkner
01-27-2015, 07:58 PM
not sure about wooden wheels, he pees too much in wheels for me to want to use a wooden one, lol. When putting it together it looked like it was greased with vaseline ... it looked just like vaseline and had no smell at all. The metal bearing system in a Silent Spinner is so nice to have, very tough and very quiet.

I've heard people complain that their Silent Spinner wasn't silent at all, and it was awful, blah blah blah. But that is most likely due to fault on their part, because you do have to put it together just right ... there's a notch on the plastic wheel that you have to put into the notch on the bearing when you screw the yellow cap back on when putting it together or back together if you take it apart to wash it.
It's a bit tricky to do and if you don't know you have to do that than you may end up just putting the two parts together incorrectly and blame it on the wheel.

I just wipe it out with baby wipes and then a wet cloth and then dry it .

Gatsby
01-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Yeah I'm not so sure I'm keen on the wonderland either, a lot more flimsy than I had imagined, I can see me going back to solid plastic wheels although I have ordered a wooden Trixie, I don't want to give up on the natural look, I'm fed up of the plastic look, time for change :)

Rempanda
01-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Aw Toby is so lovely! He's obv loving his new silent spinner :D
Great tank - love the DIY things you have in there, very creative! <3

Candra_Faulkner
01-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Thank you! I've always loved building things and I draw/ paint / sew / sculpt / etc.
I'm just a big kid basically, even though I'll be 30 at the end of this year. NOOOO. lol
But I'm not bothered, I look to be 18 or 19 ...
And my voice is very small too ( as in .. I sound like a 12 year old girl -_- )
I went to buy Toby, and the guy at the shop, he must have been around 20 ...
said " oh, and if you are over 18, you don't have to have a parent sign for you to buy this hamster"
I live with my mom due to not having a financially reliable friend at the moment
who I can room with... and I looked over at her and we both laughed and laughed.
The poor guy, he didn't get it... I said " I'm 28" and he just went pale. lol
I turned 29 , 3 months after I bought Toby.

Thin Lizzy
01-29-2015, 12:42 AM
Candra, the joys of looking so much younger than you are - make the most of it girl! You have good genes!
I just remember when I was under 18 and trying to look older to get into pubs and clubs. Now as I get older, I want to look much younger lol! I remember asking a girl for ID for buying cigarettes (at the time you had to be 16) and she burst out laughing and showed her ID - she was 27. She looked half it!
There's a saying "You're as young as you feel".

Candra_Faulkner
01-29-2015, 10:37 AM
right ? ha ha. I do enjoy it and get a kick out of it when people ID me
and go pale in the face because they assume i'm "just a kid" still.
It happens even at work, so I sometimes slip into conversations how old I am
so I get respected and people don't assume I'm some teenager.

DrKMcK
01-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Toby's tank is lovely and so is he! I love the skirt on him. I also notice that when I put my camera close to Nutmeg on her wheel it sounds so loud. Yet it is really very quiet. It is the cameras, they seem to pick up and amplify sound. :-)

Candra_Faulkner
01-31-2015, 12:31 AM
he's Mr. Fancypants with that skirt of his lol. Always got stuff stuck to it.
I had to clean his wheels today because he decided it was necessary to pee on it while my Grandma was visiting him for some reason, and he loses his mind and tries to escape the tank and get into my lap while I'm putting his wheel back together.
It's his most favorite thing in the world next to food.

Thin Lizzy
02-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Toby is becoming very popular with that gorgeous shiny coat.

Candra_Faulkner
02-01-2015, 10:19 PM
he's the most spoiled rotten little man, ha ha. though, I tried giving him a strawberry last night, he could not have cared less for it. lmao.
broccoli and carrot though, he'll swipe from my hand and run and hide and then I can
hear him munching away. or he'll use the broccoli as a pillow and nap, it's SO CUTE.