PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Sweep

ModularFurball53
01-07-2009, 08:50 AM
I wasn’t planning on getting another girl after my last female hamster passed away. But when I heard about the 3-4 month old girl hamster, Sweep, up for adoption, I knew I had to have her.

Sweep had been left by her owner, as she had conjunctivitis, and she really needed a new owner to love her. I picked her up from P@H, and everything seemed great. She had the pinkest nose and beautiful greyish white fur with black markings. Sweep was full of life, always climbing on the bars of her cage or crawling through her bedding. I was sure nothing could go wrong...Until one night, her breathing went very heavy. Without hesitation, I took her to the vet and they told me she had a lung infection. With some antibiotics and a couple of jabs, it looked as if she’d be alright.

Around a week later, she was back to the same state. I brought her back and apparently the lung infection was incurable, too. We had to give poor Sweep medicine every night to keep it at bay, and she’d rub her head in the corner of her cage to try and get rid of the taste. It was horrible watching her suffer. My once lively, energetic Sweep had turned slow and out of breath almost over night. She’d often sit in a corner of her cage, struggling to get her breath back. Heartbreaking ...Well, tonight, she passed away, while my dad was trying to clean her eye and give her medicine. She struggled, took one last breath, and gave up. In a way, I’m thankful she passed away in the comfort of her own home, surrounded by those who love her...But really I wasn’t ready for her to leave me like this. I thought nothing could go wrong, but this has proved me horribly mistaken. I doubt I’ll get another hamster, as this is painful enough...R.I.P Sweep, you didn’t deserve any of this...

This thread is being posted on behalf of a friend.

souffle
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. At least her last few weeks were filled with love, comfort and care.
RIP Sweep
xxx

Spuds Mum
01-09-2009, 02:26 AM
Im so sorry to hear this.

Sleep well little sweep xx

suga
01-10-2009, 10:36 AM
rip little one.

pophammy
01-30-2009, 12:19 PM
So sorry about poor Sweep. R.I.P little one. xx

happysaz133
01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Such a sad story, rest peacefully little Sweep.

jpharrison13
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM
i found this that upsetting,, you managed to get a brave 18 yr old guy with a tear. night sweep x

Toria
06-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Poor baby, i hope she is peaceful now. :(