PDA

View Full Version : New Hamster

disneyhamsters
01-17-2015, 08:56 PM
I really want to introduce a new hamster to my current hamster Thumper. Should I? I have three wheels, 4 water bottles, 4 huts and twice the recommended amount of space. If I did what would I need to do and would it be safe?:confused::confused::confused:

cypher
01-18-2015, 04:31 AM
The simple answer is no!
Do not introduce another hamster they will fight & could be badly injured or worse.
I don't know which species you have but even if it is a Russian or Robo which can be kept in pairs this can only be done with two same sex siblings that have been together since birth.

Rempanda
01-18-2015, 05:02 AM
Take Cyphers advice and don't do it. Hamsters are very happy being in a cage on their own (of course with lots of cuddles from you!) and it's not worth the risk to introduce them

AshTheHamster
01-18-2015, 05:41 AM
Oh goodness no.. If you really want a new addition to your family get your self a big enough cage or if that's too pricey go get yourself a bin cage and its as pricey as you want it to be.. But don't get another Ham to put with your hammie.. Its just a silly risk to take especially if they didn't grow up together.. Depending on the specie.

Vodka_B
01-18-2015, 05:44 AM
Unfortunately this is not a good idea. Hamsters live alone, even in the wild. It's not worth the risk of your hamster (or the other one) getting hurt/possibly dying!

Give your solitary hamster plenty of love from you. He/She'll be just fine on their own :)

disneyhamsters
01-18-2015, 12:07 PM
Thank you everyone. I will get a new cage if I want a new hamster:)