PDA

View Full Version : Girls are squabbling

Emma
10-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Lola and Shirley have started squabbling :( I thought I'd just make a post so if anyone has any brainwaves they can tell me!

They've done this before for about a week and then it settled down. This current phase has been going on since Thursday night (4 days). There is no biting and no injuries - I've been keeping a close eye and checking on them in the night too as they live right next to my bed now! The episodes start with the air-kissing thing that robos do, then one initiates a chase and they run all over the cage with loud vocalisations, the chaser will catch the chasee and pin them down, but again no biting - they just pin and then let go. They'll then be quiet for a while - maybe go back to bed or just return to normal feeding, grooming, exercise wheels etc - and then it will start over again. If it wasn't for the (very) loud squeaking I don't think I'd be worried at all.

I don't want to split them as I am happy there are no injuries occuring (checking them over regularly) and this has also happened before and it resolved. I'm hopeful that this will calm down similarly. It's different from when Merry & Pip were fighting as there is no biting - Merry & Pip had to be split, and attempts at reintroduction have been unsuccesful.

The main problem is them waking me up (!) and just me being worried that it's because they're not happy. Their tank isn't as huge as it used to be - they're in a 2ft one now and used to have a 30 inch one - but they have two wheels, a food bowl & scattered food, and plenty of hidey holes/tubes/nesting places etc for them to escape to.

If anyone has any ideas please post!

flogging_molly
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
my 3 girls are exactly the same - they go through phases of fights and then all is well again

as long as there is no injuries you should be okay keeping them together, all you can really do is keep a close watch on them see what happens.

nooboo
10-17-2005, 01:28 PM
hopfully one will become alpha and it will come to an end without blood shed, good luck i am sure it will be fine