PDA

View Full Version : Hiya All! *S*

KatzEyez
03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
I am Gina, AKA KatzEyez, I live and work in Cyprus and am an animal maniac, especially cats, bunnies and hamsters.

I am married with two kids, and am a total slave to Hamish, my son's little hamster!

It is great to be here, and I hope to learn a lot about hamsters and other animals here!

SnuggleHam
03-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Hello Gina, glad you came to join us posted an intro, I hope to see your future posts on the forum!

Emma
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi Gina

Welcome to HamsterCentral :) whereabouts in Cyprus are you? I visited Paphos and Limmasol a few years ago with my family it was lovely.

Hope you like it here, I look forward to reading your posts.

Em x

babyboos
03-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Glad you could join us :P

Any questions about Hamish please don't hesitate to ask :oops:

Look forward to hopefully seeing him soon :?:

hammydude
03-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Welcome KatzEyez and Hamish!

peanut25
03-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Welcome glad you decided to join. It's a great place with great help or just good talk.

KatzEyez
03-08-2005, 03:52 AM
Thank you all for the very warm welcome! *S* It is good to be among such wonderful folks , and I am sure I will enjoy it here very much!

Emma, sweetie- I am in Deryneia which is near the ghost town of Famagusta. I ahve lived in Limassol tho, and Paphos is simply wonderful! *S*

Ok, ladies, Meet Hamish, AKA Ham 'n' Cheese!

http://winterstale.com/hamish.jpg

Isn't he just sooo cute? *S*

SnuggleHam
03-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Awww what a precious Ham!! What is it standing on? I top level of a cage or something? it looks like green plastic, no bedding?

KatzEyez
03-08-2005, 01:17 PM
:mrgreen: Yes- he is standing on a green plastic ledge about half-way up the side of his cage. he has a multi-level cage with a house, a ladder and a wheel, and I use a mixture of hay and woodshavings for bedding. The cage has lots of interesting tubes as well for him to play with.

I tireid to put some bedding inside the little green house in the picture, but hamish always pushes it out onto the ledge, so I have decided to respect his wishes! The bottom of the cage tho is filled with hay and shavings for a soft and warm place for him to run and play. He loves burrowing into the hay and curling up to sleep during the day! :)

babyboos
03-10-2005, 08:37 AM
You are right to respect their wishes :oops: If they want bedding somwhere they will carry it there, and if they don't want it, then it usually ends up on your floor :!:

Hamish is a good Scottish name :P

KatzEyez
03-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I am glad I did the right thing then! *S* :D I have seen Hamish also go through his feeding dish ad throwing out the things he doesn't fancy with his teeth! :lol: He is such a cutie, and he certainly knows what he does and does not want!

Yes, Hamish is a good Scottish name-I have always had a passion for Scotland, It is such a beautiful place with wonderful people!

Coco1
03-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Hi katzeyze, nice to meet you and hamish. He's cute! Its so nice to see people here from all over the world :D

hammydude
03-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Thank you all for the very warm welcome! *S* It is good to be among such wonderful folks , and I am sure I will enjoy it here very much!

Emma, sweetie- I am in Deryneia which is near the ghost town of Famagusta. I ahve lived in Limassol tho, and Paphos is simply wonderful! *S*

Ok, ladies, Meet Hamish, AKA Ham 'n' Cheese!

http://winterstale.com/hamish.jpg

Isn't he just sooo cute? *S*

It's ladies and GUY! :oops: :oops: :lol: :D

Coco1
03-16-2005, 03:41 PM
LOL! :roll:

babyboos
03-16-2005, 05:18 PM
You crack me up Chris :twisted: :oops: :P

thanks for putting a smile on my face for a few moments, sadly it can't be longer as I have just been writing to a lot of friends with sick hamsters and it really gets me down.

Coco1
03-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Sorry to hear that babyboos. Its never good to hear... :cry:

KatzEyez
03-16-2005, 09:27 PM
AWWW I am sorry, Chris! *S* I guess It just didn't occur to me that there are Guys out there who adore hamsters too!

Thank you for making me smile - and thank you for the welcome! *S*

I am sorry about the sick hamsters, Babyboos - that always makes me sad - they are just such wonderful creatures it doesn't bear thinking about that they should be ill :(

babyboos
03-17-2005, 04:50 AM
It seems to come in huge spurts of sadness and happiness in the hamster world I inhabit! One week full of tragedy, the next congratulations on the birth of little ones or celebrating a succesful operation etc. I don't know which I would prefer though - more spread out sadness or as it is just now concentrated into a few days per month. Anyway guys as long as we support each other I think we can get through most situations we will need to face. Thank you all for your kindness, it is much appreciated :oops: